Home We Need You
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Share Your Story!

ZenZen Posts: 1,989 Extreme Poster
Hey Guys!  

I have received a grant from Peace First to start a rapid response project in light of the coronavirus pandemic and we would love users of @The Mix to be a part of it! 

What is Peace First? 
Peace First is a non-profit organisation dedicated to helping young people around the world to become powerful peacemakers by:
  • Investing in their ideas
  • Providing them with tools and skills
  • Connecting them with other awesome young people around the world
  • Sharing their stories and impact with the world

The project I am running is called Reach Out Covid Campaign. The campaign is running on a digital platform and we would love to share your experiences with your mental health during the pandemic. To respect your privacy, if you choose to share your story, you can decide whether you would like to include your first name or no name at all :) 

More about Reach Out: 
Reach Out! is a campaign to raise awareness of those whose mental health has been affected during the Covid-19 pandemic. We aim to ensure that people are aware of the support services accessible from home. 

Over the next three months we will be raising awareness of the mental health difficulties peoples are facing during the pandemic. Aimed at those between the ages of 13-25, we will be sharing the contact details for support organisations as well as personal stories from those who have experienced mental health difficulties at this time. Mental health is just as important as physical health at this challenging time.

We are spreading the message that you are not alone!

If you are interest in checking out the campaign or following along with it, you can check it out via this link: 
https://www.facebook.com/ReachOutCovidCampaign/

Sharing your story is simple and quick! Just complete this Google Form and your responses will be recorded! 

We are hoping to release your stories during Mental Health Awareness Week (18-24th May) to raise more awareness around the subject! 

Will people know I am a user on the Mix?
No! This form will be filled in by others all over England, not just users on the Mix. If you're worried about your confidentiality, you can choose to remain anonymous! :) 

Alis propriis volat 

Comments

• ZenZen Posts: 1,989 Extreme Poster
    Forgot to mention, if you have any questions feel free to post them below or message me directly if that's more comfortable :) 
    Alis propriis volat 
    edited May 2020
    Just giving this a bump and to say that the deadline for responses will be this Friday (15th May). Big thanks to those who have already completed it :)
    Alis propriis volat 
  • ItaliaItalia Posts: 220 Trailblazer
    This is amazing Eleanor! 

I really like that you have a focus on sharing experiences so people don't feel so alone at this time, and also sharing the contact details of organisations that people can reach out for help.  

We often hear from young people that making that first step to contact a support organisation can be quite challenging. Your project will help shine a light on that, which is so important. 

I would love to hear people's stories of what reaching out for help was like for them the first time. 

Can't wait to see this up and running! You are doing wonderful work Eleanor :) 

Also well done to those who have shared their stories so far, it's never easy.  <3

“People who wade into discomfort and vulnerability and tell the truth about their stories are the real badasses.”
    -
    Brene Brown

• DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,740 Master Poster
    Filled it in at the weekend. Thank you Eleanor :)<3
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
    Last day if anyone else would like to share they're story! 
    Alis propriis volat 
  • HarryTHarryT Community Manager Posts: 320 The Mix Regular
    This is such an incredible project @Eleanor - would definitely suggest that folks go and check it out if they haven't already! 

Thank You! :)
    Hello amazing human (yes, that's YOU). I wish that you could see the amazing person who I see within you  ✨
    edited May 2020
    Thank you @htwohig2412!

Just an update whilst I'm here: This form is going to be open for the foreseeable future now! We have been receiving a lot of messages and emails of people reaching out to us and so we got the message that young people had a lot to say! We want to facilitate a space where that can happen so we are continuing to collect stories 😊
    Alis propriis volat 
  • JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,288 Part of The Furniture
    Eleanor said:
    Thank you @htwohig2412!

Just an update whilst I'm here: This form is going to be open for the foreseeable future now! We have been receiving a lot of messages and emails of people reaching out to us and so we got the message that young people had a lot to say! We want to facilitate a space where that can happen so we are continuing to collect stories 😊

Nice @Eleanor! sounds like a really good decision. Fighting the good fight. :3 
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
    Thank you @Mike!

Another update for everyone, the campaign's story was in the news! There's a link to the article on the campaign link above if anyone wants to check it out! 
    Alis propriis volat