Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Pregnancy-Twins?

dancertoridancertori Posts: 127 The Mix Convert
So I've been having weekly scans to check on baby as it's a extremely high risk pregnancy, and today, at 16 weeks, a second baby was seen, this isn't uncommon, as it's easy for one to hide behind the other. Being pregnant with twins has increased the risk during pregnancy. I had only just settled in my choice to procede with the pregnancy, now I'm questioning the decision. I'm scared and don't know what to do

Comments

• Options
    StephanieStephanie Moderator Posts: 1,084 Wise Owl
    Hey Tori, 

Firstly just wanted to send you some hugs and let you know we are here for you. 

Are you able to talk to your midwife about things? 

We are here for you to talk things through and we care about you :heart:
                                   "Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times if only one remembers to turn on the light" - Albus Dumbledore 

"Like when I was down you just had that smile that made me feel like everything's worthwhile. Thinking of the day when you went away, what a life to take, what a bond to break, I'll be missing you"

FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    dancertoridancertori Posts: 127 The Mix Convert
    @Stephanie Thank you. I've emailed my midwife, waiting on a reply, the sonographer said she would ring her to let her know the situation. normally the sonographer would have got a midwife to see me straight away but the one that working in the hospital i had the scan in had been called out for a homebirth. the pregnancy was already high risk due to my health, this just complicates it more.

@Aidan Thank you. when i first dicovered i was pregnant the obstetrics doctor told me that chances of things actually working out are low, but not low enough for them to force a termination so choice was mine. due to my health, the risks are high,
    ive had a previous miscarriage, and the chances of a repeat miscarriage are high.
    Due to my EDS there is a high chance of a uterine tear, which could cause me to bleed, and could need blood transfusion.
    Anti s antibodys mean my body could regect the pregnancy, and if i need blood its hard to find, closest place that ever has is 3 hours away, even then its rare they have.
    I cant even get all the nutrients for my own body, chances of failure to thrive from malnutition are high.
    chances of me passing my health conditions on are high, especially since there 'father' has similar genetic conditions to me.
    theres alot more facttors but theres a few