Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Hi, how it going

ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 3,940 Community Veteran
Don't like being me, coping today is hard but I don't wanna die either. Wot do I do
Crazy mad insane

Comments

• Ed_Ed_ Moderator Posts: 1,551 Extreme Poster
    Hey @ellie2000

Sounds like a tough space to be in right now, so sending hugs. The first thing that I am reminded of from your post is the strength I see in you for holding on through these moments. It can often feel like things won't change or equally not sure what can be done to make things better, but they can, and they will.

You've done well to post here, what are the kind of things that have helped you in the past when you are feeling like this?

Have you ever tried counselling in the past? That can be a safe space to explore our feelings about ourselves and can help work out what the next steps are to start feeling more positive.

Remember that our helpline is open until 11pm if you would like to talk to someone over the phone or via webchat (links at the top of the page), whilst the Samaritans are there 24/7 on 116 123. 

Equally, we have group chats on this evening from 8pm which can be a good place to distract yourself from how you are feeling.

I am sure the community will also have some ideas of things that can help when feeling like this. What would people recommend? 

Take care, and keep on staying strong and carrying on.

Ed
    FAQHow to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.

• Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,143 Part of The Furniture
    edited December 2019
    Hey Ellie,

I can really hear and emphasise how your feeling, I still have days where I don’t like things about me.

It's about slowly starting to build up your self-esteem (How you feel about yourself). Now admittedly that can seem like quite a big task but if you break it down into small steps that can really help.

For example, you could start with just taking a few minutes every now and then to find something you like about yourself at that point, it could be something small I know mine was, to begin with, it would be things such as “I really like my hair today “ or I really like my choice of outfit “. 

You might find this sheet helpful it is about learning to acknowledge your positives

Hope your okay and know that all of us like you on the boards for who you are :) 
    Post edited by Millie2787 on
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 3,940 Community Veteran
    Apart from having starting college. I closed n I h8 ppls attitude. Dunno weather ppl joke or not. I have comfort in playing open world games. I don't go outside of risk of being taken advantage of. Does the mix have worksheets to do if I'm bored
    Crazy mad insane
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    It can be a pretty stuck feeling - not coping but not wanting to die. Glad youre finding distractions!  
    Wha worksheets would you wanna do?
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
    My head's spinning with the past. I want to do something instead of seeing the ppl who I was made h8
    Crazy mad insane
  • JamJarJamJar Posts: 274 The Mix Regular
    Heyyya @ellie2000

I'm not sure if the Mix have any worksheets to get you distracted, but what sort of sheets are you looking for?

If it's something like mindfulness colouring then maybe this could be good: https://www.muminthemadhouse.com/free-colouring-pages-for-adults/

Otherwise,  another alternative I always enjoy is doodling randomly on a piece of paper with a pencil, and then colouring in the random spaces that I've just drawn. 

I hope time has passed relatively easier this evening. Tomorrow is a new day, the day after is a new year :) and it might even be worth thinking of a few different distraction activities just in case sleeping doesn't make things any easier... 

Sending love and thoughts of strength to you this new year <3
    :)
    Crazy mad insane
  • StephanieStephanie Moderator Posts: 1,083 Wise Owl
    Hey Ellie,

How are you doing today? :heart:
                                   "Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times if only one remembers to turn on the light" - Albus Dumbledore 

"Like when I was down you just had that smile that made me feel like everything's worthwhile. Thinking of the day when you went away, what a life to take, what a bond to break, I'll be missing you"

FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.