Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

i’m a mess

itsquietuptownitsquietuptown Posts: 36 Boards Initiate
i’m really struggling at the moment. i’ve been restricting my eating. i’m all over the place and having sort of really rapid mood swings like out of nowhere i suddenly get really angry and have thoughts about hurting myself, or i get really anxious and get really jittery. sometimes i’m just so low i shut down. being at school is hard because everyone is loud and i can’t focus and don’t want to be ruining everyone’s day with being in a rubbish mood. it’s putting a strain on my relationship because i don’t understand what’s going on so i can’t really explain it to my boyfriend and he doesn’t know how to help. he says he misses the laughy smiley me. i’m scared he’ll get sick of me being like this and leave me. i’m just such a mess at the moment i don’t know how to cope with it. 

Comments

• Lauren223Lauren223 Posts: 71 Budding Regular

Hey @itsquietuptown!

I’m sorry to hear that things are really tough for you right now, it sounds like you’ve got a lot going on, so it’s really encouraging to see you reach out here for some support!

It can be quite hard feeling how you feel, have you felt like this before? Sometimes it can be helpful to think back to a time you felt how you’re feeling now and see what you did then to help you get through it again. Some people like to keep a diary of how they’re feeling to see if there is any kind of pattern and to try to make some sense of their feelings – how would you feel about doing something similar? You don’t have to do it, of course, do whatever helps you!

You mentioned that you can’t really explain how you’re feeling to your boyfriend, is there anyone else you can talk to? Remember that services such as Samaritans and our Crisis Messenger service are there 24/7 if you need them if you ever feel like you need to reach out to someone. We're also here for you too  <3

I hope things are going well for you this week, we all care about you here!

Lauren

• BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    Hey, im sorry you're struggling. is there anyone you feel comfortable talking too about this? As Lauren said there are services out there that are open 24/7, but well done for posting here as well :)

have you thought about speaking to your GP about this? they may be able to find more suitable help for you through this tough time...

As someone who has an eating disorder, please be careful, restricting may seem like a good way to cope but it's a slippery slope <3

' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    Im glad youre seeking help here. It would be a strain to anyone if they care, if they dont then theyre not really worth it As typical may sound. It sounds like a lot going on & where here to listen & share that with us. Dont have to be alone 

i know its hard but hold on to your strength xxx
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • PoppyBPoppyB Posts: 228 Trailblazer
    Hey @itsquietuptown how are you feeling today?

I'm so sorry to hear that you are struggling with mood swings and life at school. I can hear from your post you're finding it hard to cope, especially since you can't explain it to your boyfriend, so it is good to see that you are reaching out on the forums instead of struggling alone, like @Shaunie said.

How would you feel about speaking to your family or friends or someone at school such as a counsellor or a teacher that you trust? Talking about how you are feeling and the impact it is having on your schoolwork can be really helpful to take a big weight off of your shoulders and establish a support network around you for when times get tough. Teachers may be able to change your workload to make sure it is manageable for you. 

I also just want to say that your feelings are completely valid and you would never be ruining anyone's day because you are in a low mood - try to remind yourself that we are all human and no-one feels happy 24/7.

If you feel like you want any more support, you can always join the The Mix Support Chats which are posted here or phone up The Mix helpline at 08088084994. 

We are all here for you <3