Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Housing advice

LabraBellLabraBell Posts: 203 Trailblazer
It's all reached breaking point in my family. Basically the only people who actually care about me are my nan and grandad. 

I can't continue to live in this house, I've had way too many close calls in regard to suicide lately, and it's only a matter of time before I finally lose it altogether. 

So regardless of what happens I'm going to be leaving. If I have to do that with no support in place whatsoever, then I will. I'd rather live on the streets and give myself a fighting chance than stay cooped up in this shithole until I finally end it. And when I do leave, I won't be telling my family anything about where I'm going. I have every intention of calling the non-emergency police line and letting them know that I am not a missing person, so when the family inevitably decides that they need to put a missing person's report in they're not going to be able to find me. Maybe some time I'll go visit my nan, but I'm making sure that absolutely no one finds out where I live. I don't want them anywhere near me any more.

So now comes to my question. Right now I am essentially jobless, have no support for income and not even any assets that could keep me going. I have almost nothing to my name. 

What support is there for me in this situation? Is it even possible to get a house and some assistance with income enough that I'll be able to leave? I'm considering looking to go on ESA right now because of all these problems going on, so there's that, but I just need some advice. 
What do you mean I have to think of an intelligent signature?

Comments

• LiidiaLiidia Posts: 4 Expert
    Hey LabraBell, 
    Your local council may be able to help you find housing if you can't find anywhere to go, also there may be a possibility of getting a job that requires no experience but an immediate start which could help you out. As these jobs mostly look for personality traits rather than experience.

There is a place called Shelter which provides advice and guidance in terms of housing, I hope this helps!!

I really hope that you get the support you need, which allows you to be in a healthier head space, but I just want to say you're doing so well to be thinking this through so carefully!.

Lidia :) 
  • CarolineVCarolineV Posts: 133 The Mix Convert
    It sounds like things are really difficult for you at home right now @LabraBell :(

As I'm sure you know, we're not experts here, but as Lidia recommended Shelter are a good place to start. Citizen's Advice are another option, they can help you to figure out things like what benefits you may be eligilble for.

I hope you're able to find somewhere better to live soon, keep us updated <3