Young Carers of The Mix, we need you! Tell us about your experiences of our services and give yourself a chance to win £50 of Amazon vouchers.

ShaunieShaunie England 🏠Posts: 6,156 The Mix Elder
we can edit posts within one hour. Im wondering if we could delete posts within like 15 mins. Sometimes i post things. Then im like all i needed was to write it and then by time posted it a few mins after im like maybe shouldnt post. I feel like this a lot. Maybe just me idk. But just wondering
I've learnt two people can look at the exact same thing and see something completly different. 

Comments

• ShaunieShaunie England 🏠Posts: 6,156 The Mix Elder
    edited July 9
    Just realised ive suggested about deleting posts so many times and probably annoyed. Lol  need to delete this now haha

i understand the reasons behind it. But like 15 mins ?
    I've learnt two people can look at the exact same thing and see something completly different. 
  • ShaunieShaunie England 🏠Posts: 6,156 The Mix Elder
    I'm guessing no lol thought try one last time. Don't ask don't get & all that lol
  • The MixThe Mix Posts: 2,444 Community Managers
    edited August 14

Apologies - looks like we missed this!

As you mentioned, we've talked over this suggestion before and the reasoning we've given previously still stands. We currently allow edits up to one hour, but as moderators we need the oversight on any full deletions. We're also keen for everyone to be mindful of what they post, and allowing deletions could encourage people to become less considerate of what they say. Even if a post is deleted within 15 minutes, some folks are still going to see it.

Writing something out can certainly be therapeutic and, if you want to get thoughts out without committing to posting them, it might be worth using a word doc or something instead. Although, it's worth noting you are allowed to post something for the satisfaction of venting, even if you don't necessarily want a response.

Definitely worth asking if in doubt. :)

Mike & the team
    We're @Aife@Mike, @Italia and @Ed_ - the staff team here at The Mix. We don't provide support via this account, but if you have any questions about the boards or need a hand finding your way around, feel free to drop us a message. Alternatively, you can head over to the Help Desk.