Young Carers of The Mix, we need you! Tell us about your experiences of our services and give yourself a chance to win £50 of Amazon vouchers.
Want to tell us about your experiences using The Mix and be in with a chance of winning a £200 Amazon Voucher? Click here to go to our survey!

Foreskin problems

SystemSystem Posts: 8,583 Community Managers
edited July 7 in Articles

imageForeskin problems

Is your foreskin stuck? Too tight? Red? Stinks? Or you just have too much of it? The Mix is here to help with your foreskin problems.

Read the full story here

Comments

• bruhironyman2004bruhironyman2004 Posts: 1 Noob
    uh so im 14 and my puberty is a bit late and my penis hasnt grown to its full extent, my foreskin goes all the way round my penis and i tried pulling it back, i saw the head but my foreskin was scrunched up, is that a problem or do i just have to wait for it to grow a bit more
  • MaisyMaisy CymruPosts: 208 The Mix convert

Hi @bruhironyman2004

The article states that “There’s no medical need to get rid of excess foreskin – providing it slides freely over the head and the area exposed can be kept clean. Different people have different ‘amounts’ of foreskin and we’re all individual…”

So if you aren’t in pain when moving the foreskin and you are able to keep it clean, and you aren’t noticing any other symptoms, then your foreskin is unlikely to cause a problem.

If you’d like more support, feel free to sign up to our discussion boards https://community.themix.org.uk/ to chat with other young people.

Take care!

• alex21alex21 Posts: 1 Noob
    I’m 16 but what if I can’t pull my foreskin way back when I’m ready to have sex is that an issue ?
  • MikeMike Posts: 1,636 Staff Moderator
    edited July 27
    alex21 said:
    I’m 16 but what if I can’t pull my foreskin way back when I’m ready to have sex is that an issue ?
    Potentially, @alex21. Have you tried the suggestions made in the article? Particularly this bit:

Try pulling the foreskin back really slowly. This will take a lot of patience (it may take a few weeks to build up to doing it fully), so don’t be tempted to yank it back. If your foreskin is very tight, it’s advisable to speak to your GP. There are creams available on prescription, but if these don’t work you might need a circumcision.

If it's still an issue after that, or if you're experiencing any pain or discomfort, it's worth seeing a doctor for a trained medical opinion. :)

Welcome to the community, by the way.
    this too shall pass

---
    on holiday until the end of September
  • gmodking6438gmodking6438 Posts: 1 Noob
    I’m 14 and my foreskin is really tight there is like a 2 cm gap and I don’t know if I’ve left it too late because I’m too embarrassed to ask my parents

Hey @gmodking6438

For a tight foreskin, the article suggests to “Try pulling the foreskin back really slowly. This will take a lot of patience (it may take a few weeks to build up to doing it fully), so don’t be tempted to yank it back. If your foreskin is very tight, it’s advisable to speak to your GP. There are creams available on prescription, but if these don’t work you might need a circumcision.”

It can seem embarrassing to talk to parents or a doctor but really it’s nothing they haven’t come across before. If it’s bothering you then it’s worth talking about it and getting it checked out.

Hope this helps a bit!
    Salix_alba_2019
  • jay3rdsidejay3rdside Posts: 1 Noob
    I’m 15 and I have never pulled my foreskin back when I pull it back or touch my penis under my four skin it really hurts why is that

Hi @jay3rdside

Sorry to hear that it hurts when you pull back your foreskin.

The article states that “If you can’t pull the foreskin back over the widest part of your penis you could have a condition called phimosis…. Try pulling the foreskin back really slowly. This will take a lot of patience (it may take a few weeks to build up to doing it fully), so don’t be tempted to yank it back. If your foreskin is very tight, it’s advisable to speak to your GP. There are creams available on prescription, but if these don’t work you might need a circumcision.”

If you have other symptoms, such as redness and swelling you may have thrush, which can be treated by over the counter creams such as Canesten.

However, since we aren’t professionals, and you are concerned, your best option is to talk to your doctor.