Home Fix The Mix
Come and join our Support Circle, every Tuesday, 8 - 9:30pm! Limited spaces available! Sign up here
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Suggestion- Confetti Request

DancerDancer Bog Off Justine!Posts: 5,655 Part of The Furniture
It is Bowel Cancer Awareness Month according to https://www.awarenessdays.com/awareness-days-calendar/bowel-cancer-awareness-month-2019/ The #STOPbowelcancer is purple so could we possibly have purple confetti this month?

Information about bowel cancer:

Bowel Cancer is the second biggest UK’s killer cancer. This shouldn’t be the case since it is treatable and curable, especially when diagnosed at an early stage. Early diagnosis for Bowel Cancer and any other type of cancer saves lives. This is the reason why April has been set aside to educate the public and raise awareness of Bowel Cancer symptoms.

Some of the common symptoms of bowel cancer include:

• Bleeding from the bottom and blood in poo
  • Persistent and unexplained change in bowel habit
  • Sudden and unexplained weight loss
  • Being easily fatigued with no obvious reason or cause
  • Pain or a lump in the tummy
Credit to https://www.awarenessdays.com/awareness-days-calendar/bowel-cancer-awareness-month-2019/ for the information.

I'm a fruit loop. 🍊➰

There's a part of me I can't get back.  A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same.
Kathleen07

Comments

• AbigailAbigail Carer/musician Posts: 686 Incredible Poster
    isn't purple for all things carers so YCAD and CAW (Carers awareness week) for the mix? 
    Some people think I am unhappy. I'm not. I just approach silence in the world that never stops talking.
  • Millie2787Millie2787 🐶 💜 Posts: 4,097 Community Veteran
    edited April 2019
    Just sneaking here to say purple is  attucally  for pancreatic cancer and it’s royal blue for Colon ( bowel ) cancer :) 

@Abigail is right we did have purple for YCAD  but no worries you weren’t to know and all the colours for cancers can get confusing 😂

but it would be nice to change it to royal blue for maybe a week or so ? 
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • DancerDancer Bog Off Justine! Posts: 5,655 Part of The Furniture
    Just sneaking here to say purple is  attucally  for pancreatic cancer and it’s royal blue for Colon ( bowel ) cancer :) 

@Abigail is right we did have purple for YCAD  but no worries you weren’t to know and all the colours for cancers can get confusing 😂

but it would be nice to change it to royal blue for maybe a week or so ? 
    Thanks. Yeah it is very confusing. Royal blue sounds amazing.
    I'm a fruit loop. 🍊➰

There's a part of me I can't get back.  A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same.
  • TheMixTheMix The Mix HQPosts: 2,625 Staff Team
    This is a lovely idea Kasa! We could do a royal blue colour :) 

I'll share this with the team and hopefully we can change the confetti cannon to for a few days this month. 

If you have any other ideas for awareness days let us know. 

- Aife
    We're @Mike, @Connor, @Emma_, @Aife and @Ed_ - the staff team here at The Mix. We don't provide support on this account, but if you have any questions about the boards, feel free to drop us a message. Alternatively, you can head over to the Help Desk.
    Dancer