Home General Chat Creative Corner
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Memories - A Poem

LabraBellLabraBell Posts: 203 Trailblazer
edited August 2018 in Creative Corner
I wrote this poem a while ago, but its meaning still rings true to me even a few months later. So I thought I'd share it.
I lay still, the damned clock ticking
The scars upon my wrist, they're stinging
Each tick brings me further into the night
As the moon still flies it's restless flight
-
I'm feigning sleep, as the air is chill
Cold wind blows by my window sill
That damn clock, it's ticking still
And yet, no closer am I to sleep
-
A pattern of thought with no true rhythm
Frantic memories, no nearer nor distant
That god awful pain making clear it's intentions
My demons clutching beneath the skin
-
But now it's fuzzy, the unsettled night
The ticking growing faint and still
Crazy thoughts lie still and light
And finally, I drift away, for real.
-
Shadows and fog fill my sleeping brain
Visions of the day it was taken away
Stifling dark, and his heavy weight
The fear and that god awful pain! ​
-
I'll never forget.
What do you mean I have to think of an intelligent signature?

Comments

• fadedangelfadedangel Posts: 263 The Mix Regular
    edited August 2018
    Beautifully written, i wish I had such a gift with words. I would love to read anymore if you ever decide to write another poem, it could be a good way of you being able to express your feelings. 

I hope your doing okay, we’re here for you. 

Take Care
    - Lauren
    « I have been through hell but the best is yet to come « 
  • RileyRiley Moderator Posts: 991 Part of The Mix Family
    This is such a good poem LabraBell it's really eerie, hopefully that's what you were going for. :p  I hope you feel like posting some more of your poetry soon as it's always wonderful to see people expressing themselves creatively on the boards!

- Riley
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    Aw I agree with @Thoughtsy & @ riley. Great self expression
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • LabraBellLabraBell Posts: 203 Trailblazer
    Thoughtsy said:
    Beautifully written, i wish I had such a gift with words. I would love to read anymore if you ever decide to write another poem, it could be a good way of you being able to express your feelings. 

I hope your doing okay, we’re here for you. 

Take Care
    - Lauren
    Thank you, it means a lot.

I have a couple other poems I have stored, so I'll put those up now.

I'd be happy to help you if you have an idea for a poem. I ghost write for people as a hobby :)
  • LabraBellLabraBell Posts: 203 Trailblazer
    Riley said:
    This is such a good poem LabraBell it's really eerie, hopefully that's what you were going for. :p  I hope you feel like posting some more of your poetry soon as it's always wonderful to see people expressing themselves creatively on the boards!

- Riley
    Means a lot to hear you say that. I'll be putting some more up momentarily. 

I didn't really think about it being eerie... it came straight from the heart, and nothing more. Unfortunately that's almost daily life for me so I don't really know any different.