Home Fix The Mix

Please may we have the option to colour our text?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Literally just got here
I've always liked coloured fonts. Presenting a new topic is more attractive than plain old black. Would this be possible, please?  :)
fadedangel

Comments

• EyepatchEyepatch Smol Bean Posts: 661 Incredible Poster
    That would be really cool! Only when certain colours are on white I have trouble reading it, others might have the same thing (Irlen Syndrome) So perhaps being able to highlight text in colour would be an alternative? 
    "Sometimes we find ourselves stuck between choosing what is right, and what is easy." 
    [Deleted User]fadedangel
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Literally just got here
    A drop-down menu of colour choices would be most useful.

eg.

Eyepatchfadedangel
  • The MixThe Mix The Mix HQPosts: 2,594 Staff Team
    edited August 2018
    Floxy said:
    I've always liked coloured fonts. Presenting a new topic is more attractive than plain old black. Would this be possible, please?  :)
    This has been quite a popular suggestion since the migration, and it's something we'd like to have back as well. Unfortunately, it's not something that can be added to the text editor (the developers don't support it). Maybe this will become available later down the line, but for the forseeable future it's not something we're able to add.
    The upside to only using black is, as @Eyepatch said, some people struggle to read certain colours on certain backgrounds. Although it's a bit less 'fun', it does make things a little easier and more accessible.
    Highling is an interesting one, though. This isn't currently possible either, but we'll keep it in mind as a suggestion when new updates come through.
    Apologies we don't have better news on this one - thanks for raising it though. :)
    Mike

We're @Mike, @Connor, @Emma_, @Italia and @Ed_ - the staff team here at The Mix. We don't provide support via this account, but if you have any questions about the boards or need a hand finding your way around, feel free to drop us a message. Alternatively, you can head over to the Help Desk.

Our response time to PMs might be a little slower than usual, please bear with us (:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Literally just got here
    Hi @Mike

I'm disappointed the colour founts can't be added as it would have been such a lovely feature that many would have used. But, I suppose we can't have everything with Vanilla, but thanks for replying back. :)

The Mix