Young Carers of The Mix, we need you! Tell us about your experiences of our services and give yourself a chance to win £50 of Amazon vouchers.

Just a suggestion. Positive sub forum?

ShaunieShaunie England 🏠Posts: 6,169 The Mix Elder

Hey. Know this won’t happen as probs no one else will agree with me but like no harm suggesting. Right. 

Just a thought but I think we should have a section for positive stuff. With possible on-going threads. Sometimes just wanna listen to positives and relatively happy nice stuff as sometimes can be heavy stuff. And there isn’t a place on here for that- Only one thread but  I mean detailed way. I mean there is “anything goes” but that’s not completly positive as like literally anything goes in there like Ranty thread. Not positive stuff. And there is “travel and free time” but that’s only spare time and not positive stuff. So just wondering if this is a suggestion.  

Cause like I always wanna make threads like this somewhere but I feel if I start posting all these then Im gunna be annoying & will push other threads down but like I’ve always wanted to write these

; -“something I am grateful of today...”

- “one thing I like about myself...” 

-“one positive of today...”-(whether small/big something made -smile or/and accomplishment). 

“Something looking forward to”

“What I want to be remembered for”

-self care thread and what positive things people did for self today

-Self help stuff like people posting their ‘distraction/self soothing/sensory boxes’ or ways they cope

-goals 

Motivational quotes

-Bucket list

-reasons were proud of outselves ect

-things we have already overcome/achievements

-Hope thread(what gives people hope & what they’re hoping for) cause yeah positive thinking goes far & others I cant think of right now

And can add things like “relatively good/ happy news”  and “positive quotes” and “reasons to live” and others could go there. 

And people could add their own - like if they found a song lyrics they find motivational or a video. People who inspire them. Or they want to specially make a thread about something positive of them, their recovery  or soemthing.

“If we could look into each other’s hearts and understand the unique challenges each of us faces, I think we would treat each other much more gently, with more love, patience, tolerance, and care” Marvin J. Ashton
fadedangel

Comments

• LaineLaine Llama Mama Posts: 1,336 Fanatical Poster
    Hey Shaunie I couldn't agree more I've really wanted to do similar threads but didn't want to spam anything goes ect. 

I think a positive sub forum would be great Idea we have it on the other forums we use for positive stuff,  success stories, one thing we did today to be proud of like "showered" for instance. Or just one thing we wanted to share for positivity. Like music you said for example. As you can see from my signature I love lyrics and posting random positive lyrics ect. 

I know I can't actually help because I'm not a mod but I just wanted to say how much I love the idea :)

🌈Positive thoughts🌈 

"Maybe it's not my weekend,  but it's gonna be my year" ~ All Time Low

"No one else is dealing with your demons, meaning maybe defeating them could be the beginning of your meaning friend" ~ TOP

"What's gonna be left of the world if you're not in it?" ~ Bastille
    Shauniefadedangel
  • BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Sunny ScotlandPosts: 2,520 Mega Poster
    Love this idea and the threads! Sometimes it's good to just take a step back and look at the positives :) 
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
    fadedangelShaunie
  • fadedangelfadedangel Posts: 263 Rampant Poster
    Couldn’t agree more Shaunie, love this idea! Sometimes when life’s so tough we need something positive to read, I often need cheering up and some motivation  <3

@The Mix I have tagged them so hopefully they see this thread :) 
    « I have been through hell but the best is yet to come « 
    Shaunie
  • EyepatchEyepatch Posts: 389 Rampant Poster
    I think this is a great idea! Another thread could be 'Someone who helped me today' as thinking about all the people who have helped me, and seeing that others are being supported too can remind us that we are not alone. :) 
    "Sometimes we find ourselves stuck between choosing what is right, and what is easy." 
    fadedangelShaunie
  • fadedangelfadedangel Posts: 263 Rampant Poster
    Maybe a gratitude thread kind of similar to @Eyepatch :)
    « I have been through hell but the best is yet to come « 
    Shaunie
  • The MixThe Mix Posts: 2,446 Community Managers
    This is a lovely idea @Shaunie

It's great to hear from everyone what you think of this idea too! It's quite easy for us to create a sub-forum and knowing quite a few of you are keen for this space too, it's possibly something we can do. I will share this idea with the team when we're all back together in a few weeks. We're always keen to hear any new ideas. This space is yours so keep sending us ideas! :) 

- Aife
    We're @Aife@Mike, @Italia and @Ed_ - the staff team here at The Mix. We don't provide support via this account, but if you have any questions about the boards or need a hand finding your way around, feel free to drop us a message. Alternatively, you can head over to the Help Desk.
  • ShaunieShaunie England 🏠Posts: 6,169 The Mix Elder
    edited August 2018
    Aw wow,I’m so glad  others agree. Think we focus so much on negative when loads of small positives.  

This may just be obvious to not need mention - It looks like these sort of threads are suddenly being made in health and well-being. And like just thinking after reading but like as selfish as this is going to sound but like sometimes, when we’re going through shit,  can make people feel like shit if others are postive or just even reading other people have friends(I’m reallly lonely). Obviously a high level of happinesses for other people but like some bit of jealously & envy there too. But ya know anything can make people feel like shit. And I know that sounds completly selfish and so sorry. But just wanted to put that as reading positive stuff doesn’t always just bring positive feelings(that may sound obvious anyway.) but like obviously people are mindful of that stuff when they read anything because like with literally anythingggg we read can trigger feelings as everyone’s triggers are different.
    I’m so sorry if that sounds completly selfish But just thought it was an important point to make.
    But I still think would be great to have somewhere for this sort of stuff:)
    “If we could look into each other’s hearts and understand the unique challenges each of us faces, I think we would treat each other much more gently, with more love, patience, tolerance, and care” Marvin J. Ashton
    fadedangel
  • ShaunieShaunie England 🏠Posts: 6,169 The Mix Elder
    I love the positivity corner!! <3 thanks for listening to suggestion! 

The Mix
  • The MixThe Mix Posts: 2,446 Community Managers
    edited July 8
    It's been a really great addition to the forum @Shaunie! We love it too! Thank you for coming up with such a great idea :) 

- Aife & the team
    We're @Aife@Mike, @Italia and @Ed_ - the staff team here at The Mix. We don't provide support via this account, but if you have any questions about the boards or need a hand finding your way around, feel free to drop us a message. Alternatively, you can head over to the Help Desk.