Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Runaway?

ShatteredSecretsShatteredSecrets Posts: 186 Helping Hand
I just don't know what to do anymore. There doesn't seem to be an escape from any of this. Things keep going wrong and I really can't deal with it anymore. I feel like nobody is listening or cares. It feels like the best thing to do is to run away from all of this because I just can't see any other way right now. 

I am made entirely of flaws, stitched together with good intentions.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Just got here
    Hey @ShatteredSecrets I'm sorry I haven't been following your recent posts, but I urge you not to run away. It's so dangerous in our towns and even in our villages. Sleeping rough is dangerous, too. But you can get help right now if you call Samaritans.

This is their UK base.  https://www.samaritans.org/

Recently when I was in crises, on @Azziman s advice I called Samaritans in Spain. They were so good to me, letting me sob down the phone as my life had reached a brick wall. Seemingly, that is. They called me back, following me up, these guys were wonderful. I spoke to a woman and you can do, too.

There is also Childline.  https://www.childline.org.uk/  Childline is available for everybody up to and including the age of 19. They can also offer support for emotional or mental health support, self-harm or relationship advice,

Everyone in The Mix cares, though often we show our care in different ways - we still care. This is why I stay, and hope you will, too. Hang in there, and phone Samaritans. They are good people. :)
  • RileyRiley Moderator Posts: 991 Part of The Mix Family
    Hey there ShatteredSecrets.

I'm sorry to hear that you're having such a rough time lately and that you feel like you want to run away, having lots of things go wrong like you mentioned can be very stressful so it's understandable that you're feeling so low. Is there anything in particular that you're struggling with at the moment?

You also mention that you feel like nobody listens or cares, is there anybody in your life you feel you can talk to about your problems? Even if you feel like those around you aren't listening there are always people here on the boards who are willing to listen and help if we can. :)

I hope you feel better soon.

- Riley
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • ShatteredSecretsShatteredSecrets Posts: 186 Helping Hand
    Hey..

its just so much. I’m not coping with my flashbacks and memories. My boyfriend I’m sure hates me now. Limited friends I thought I had won’t speak to me. No job. No money. Now no counselling. I can’t see a light anywhere. I’ve had to sleep on the streets before so I know what it’s like. I don’t have an ill conceptions of it. It’s like I’ve tried to talk about things and people have told me it would be better if I just ended my life and told me how I could do so. I just don’t have the fight left anymore. I just really want to disappear from here. 

I just want it to stop hurting.

-ShatteredSecrets

I am made entirely of flaws, stitched together with good intentions.

• SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    edited June 2018
    Hi sorry things are so rough

What would running away gain for you? Or What are you running away from? Cause tbh i dont think it is gunna solve any of the above- if anyting may make it all worse. There are always safe alternatives to running away and living on street and soltution. We sadly cant run away from our thoughts and memories. Do you have a safe place to run away to?

I used to think about running away constantly but i would think living on the streets would be hard and horrible than you think - esp if longer than a day

There is a great service i saw awhile ago. This organsation could help you. You can text, email or call them. For free for thoughts of running away or those who have ran away. https://www.runawayhelpline.org.uk/ and theyre also there for the family left behind, from missing people

Depending on your age you can run away. I think.  But it doesnt sound the safest of things to do if you dont have shelter or for a postive helpful reason
    Whatever you do i really hope you stay safe
    take care 
    Post edited by Siena on
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley