Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Feeling like everyone can read my mind?

litwicklitwick Posts: 1 Just got here
Hello, I'm a new member! (I hope this is the right place to post this forum, if not, I'm sorry!)

I've been wanting to talk about this for a long time but I always thought it's rediculous and no one would believe me and think I'm just crazy.

So the thing is, I always think everyone can read my mind, especially my parents. I feel like they know everything about me and that they are reading this forum post by looking through my eyes while writing this down. I also think they downloaded something on my phone so they can listen to me every time when they can't reach my mind. I also strongly believe all parents chipped their children so they can know what they're thinking and dreaming about. Or when I go outside, stranges who pass by can read my mind. I know it sounds so crazy and stupid but it's been bugging me for years. I've never seeked help because as I said, it just sounds really stupid and I know all of this is impossible (and I hate doctors).

Because of me thinking they can read my mind 24/7 I have canceled a lot of plans. I also think twice before visiting sites or when chatting with friends. It really interferes with my real life. And because of that, I usually rather stay home in my room. Friends often ask me why I'm not that outgoing but I just tell them I don't really like parties etc. I always think they'll leave me one day because I'm 'boring', but really, I'm just scared everyone will read my mind and my parents will know exactly what I did.

Sometimes I'm just helpless so I try to reach out to people (usually friends) but they just brush it off and tell me I'm just a socially incapable person or something along these lines. I know the logical answer would be that I have to go to a doctor but I'm too scared to tell my parents. That's why I'm here. I feel more comfortable making a forum post about it (even though I have a feeling someone I know IRL is here spying on me).

Is any of you guys going through the same thing? And can you guys please help me ease my mind? Again, I know this sounds like I'm going insane but please, I need a bit of help. I definitely don't know how I should cope with this.

Thank you so much for reading.

Comments

• SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    Heya
    Welcome to the boards!!!👋🏻You seem to be in the right section for what you’re asking.

It sounds like you are a bit parniod? And that you know it may be a bit of a delusional thought but can’t help think it’s possible? I dunno if right terms to use but what comes in mind.

I can’t say I am going through the same thing. But I think everyone has had this thought once in awhile But when you’re getting it all the time -for years and it is stoping your daily life then something needs to change? It sounds like you get anxious with the thoughts and that feeds it and makes you more anxious?. But maybe instead of always fighting your thoughts around it & trying not to think it - you could rationalise what you’re thinking. Like you could ask yourself questions like - what proof do you have that someone may be reading your mind ? Are they maybe reading your body language instead? Do you think - or can you - read other people’s minds too? Why would other people be able to read minds but you can’t?

And just remember to rationalise that people can read body language but reality is no one can scientifically read your mind.

You say -
    litwick wrote: »
    I know the logical
    answer would be that I have to go to a doctor but I'm too scared to tell my parents.

But I think you can go to doctors without your parents knowing if certain age. But I’m not too sure though. But even so your parents may be supportive?

I hope I have been some what helpful
    Take care
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • FranFran Posts: 118 The Mix Convert
    Hey @litwick,

Welcome to the boards! I'd like to know how long have you been having this kind of thoughts. has it always been the same or has it gotten more involving and serious? As Shaunie said, what makes the difference is how this affects your daily life: if you say that having these worries prevent you from going out with friends or simply to do what you'd like to, maybe it could be helpful for you to start "fighting" against your thoughts. I agree with Shaunie about the rationalization part, as this could be a starting point in this fight against bad thoughts. a second one could be letting people be there for you and help you deal with these thoughts. If you are afraid to meet a doctor, you could start talking about that with someone you trust and already know, without being afraid of being judged as none should be judged because of the thoughts he/she may have. Clearly these solutions can be added to talking with us on the board as it is a great safe place where you can definitely find caring people that will stand by you in this :wave:

- Fran