Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Hate life

L100L100 Posts: 128 The Mix Convert
So pretty much the only thing i like about life is animals, friends and cycling.

The things i find annoying are:
1. So i'm type 1 diabetic and every time i get stressed i eat a bit of junk food but don't bother to test and occasionally don't do my injections (I can eat what i want i just have to do my stuff) so i'm kinda harming my body as i could get long term complications as me not testing causes my blood sugar to go high. I also pick my scabs when im stressed
2. I've been in minor trobule with the police (not to point of court or arrested luckily)
3. It's really hard to find a job in what i want as i want to work with animals but i have no full driving license and parents probs won't even let me learn to drive and all jobs i've found part time require a full UK license and there's no where that excepts work experience with animals i can get to.
4. My Mum's annoying. Every time i argue i'm not allowed to see my grandad and other relatives and in the past she's hit me twice and always records me shouting and plays it back to me. and because of this she says i should move out but 1. No job, money and i have things i don't want to loose like my hamster, game consoles, friends, college etc... 5. can't even learn to cook (sure i did cooking at school) but i never get a chance to buy ingredients
5. I get jealous of my friends sometimes as all my friends get to do things with their parents like their meal outs and stuff but my mum's never done that with me.
6. I rarely see my Brother as he's got his own life and my mum think he's perfect. My dad and half brother lives in another country so i only see him when he comes over or i go on holiday
7. My mum keeps saying i should go live on my own and has threatened to call the police before because i've argued and had a fight with her quite a lot of times. I'm worried one day i might get kicked out and that will ruin my future and she also says she hates me and thinks my older brother is perfect. She also likes to do stuff with him and not me. She also says everyone left because of me my brother and dad which isn't true they left for other reasons.
8. I have no primary friends as i live in Netherlands, singapore and spain during those years and never kept in touch :(. My parents made me loose my best friend from secondary and the 2nd best friend lives quite far away. The only other friend i have is a college friend who lives near me.
9. I had to stop horse riding and volunteering at a farm which i loved doing because horse riding got to expensive and the farm was too far away as i got there by taxi and that got to expensive :(
10. I also have bad luck. I fell of my bike a few weeks ago because of a simple mistake but didn't hurt myself. 3 days after my birthday. I lost my purse in the shop, got it bank card and Provisional license back but cash was gone and there £25 in there which is a lot for me because i'm a student and it was left over money from my birthday. So someone stole my cash from my purse. Staff did check CCTV but camera was wrong angle so you couldn't see what people were doing in there hands.
11. i met up with one of my friends in town the other day and as we were leaving Macdonalds in town as we just finished lunch my friend almost got attacked with a two young adults or teens with a knife on bicycles but got startled and went off when we looked at them. Knifes are illegal in the UK. So i suggested to my friend to call non emergency police number but he didn't want to and when we went to a different area in town. A police car did pull up and park (No sirens) and police were heading to that area. We assumed someone else must of called 101 because this was only like 5 mins later. But i dunno if we should of mentioned something. I feel like we should off but my friend didn't want to.
12. My guinea pigs didn't live long either as one died age 3 months and other aged 1yr :(
So i hate my life :(:(:(:(

Comments

• MirabelleMirabelle Posts: 1,020 Wise Owl
    Hi again, @L100

It looks like you're in a bit of a mess, putting it mildly, but one thing I urge you to do is see your doctor about healthcare for your Type 1 Diabetes!

One of my family has diabetes. I'm not sure whether it's Type 2 or Type 1, but not monitoring your blood sugars which you say are often hiin and you will get long term health problems! This NHS guideline https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/type-1-diabetes/ gives clear information on Symptoms, Treatment and Complications. In particular I want you to read the information given on Complications.

Namely: Vision loss and blindness; Kidney failure; Cardiovascular disease and Stroke.

Read more on Complications: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/type-1-diabetes/complications/

I'm no way lecturing you, but urge you to take more resposibility for your health and wellbeing. Getting your diabetes sorted and you may not hate your life so much. Surely, that's a good start? :thumb:

Book a 'double' appointment. This will allow you more time with your doctor, and please let us know your progress.

Wishing you all the best,

~Belle
  • L100L100 Posts: 128 The Mix Convert
    Mirabelle wrote: »
    Hi again, @L100

It looks like you're in a bit of a mess, putting it mildly, but one thing I urge you to do is see your doctor about healthcare for your Type 1 Diabetes!

One of my family has diabetes. I'm not sure whether it's Type 2 or Type 1, but not monitoring your blood sugars which you say are often hiin and you will get long term health problems! This NHS guideline https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/type-1-diabetes/ gives clear information on Symptoms, Treatment and Complications. In particular I want you to read the information given on Complications.

Namely: Vision loss and blindness; Kidney failure; Cardiovascular disease and Stroke.

Read more on Complications: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/type-1-diabetes/complications/

I'm no way lecturing you, but urge you to take more resposibility for your health and wellbeing. Getting your diabetes sorted and you may not hate your life so much. Surely, that's a good start? :thumb:

Book a 'double' appointment. This will allow you more time with your doctor, and please let us know your progress.

Wishing you all the best,

~Belle

i'm trying to get back on track.
    Thanks but i already know about long term complications as i recently had my diabeties appoitment just before my birthday but thanks and i've had it since age 7. So it's something i hate but it's what i hate the least out of the list.
    :no:
    I feel like i hate my life even more each day. as even when i cycle things happen and i'm not talking about Idiot drivers (as you'll always find those) last year, I had to avoid doing Photography which used to be one of hobbies due to being harrased by a group of teens. Today two of the same teens were saying stuff about me as i overheard and i hate it when people talk behind my back and then they just stuck their middle finger up at me and then as i went a different way home, they were still saying stuff. i avoided the area they were going to as local PCSO's were in that area and they could of easily lied those teens

Ever since i got in minor trobule myself with the police i seem to be afraid of talking to the police authorities.

`Also no one knows this but a couple of years ago. I actually tried to kill myself by taking too much insulin and when i ended up in hospital everyone just thought it was a mistake when it wasn't no one knows the truth and i dont want to do the same thing again.
  • MirabelleMirabelle Posts: 1,020 Wise Owl
    L100 wrote: »
    :no:
    I feel like i hate my life even more each day. as even when i cycle things happen and i'm not talking about Idiot drivers (as you'll always find those) last year, I had to avoid doing Photography which used to be one of hobbies due to being harrased by a group of teens. Today two of the same teens were saying stuff about me as i overheard and i hate it when people talk behind my back and then they just stuck their middle finger up at me and then as i went a different way home, they were still saying stuff. i avoided the area they were going to as local PCSO's were in that area and they could of easily lied those teens

Were those teens harrassing you through social media? Or were/are they connected with your school? Harrassment is totally unacceptable and you have the right to complain if they are still at school. Or, if on social media then report them to the legal department of whatever social media site you belong to. I've done this before to a stalker, and to a nasty bunch. I don't take crap from people and neither should you.

Idiot drivers are everywhere.

Also, be very careful about sharing photos online. I love photography, too. But I never show any pictures (except recipe pics) online because you never know who is out there.

You don't have to hate yourself. Having been in trouble with the police still means you can put it in the past. You can still enjoy your photography hobby too, using even the simplest of digital cameras, even a 6 MP compact cheapie will bring joy.

Let's do some self-help. It won't 5 minutes.

'How to protect your mental health online': http://www.themix.org.uk/mental-heal...ine-23016.html

Is there any way you can get back on good terms with your Mum? She might be annoying, but you need to listen to her, don't have a shouting match and obey house rules while living under the same roof. Could this be a possibility? :yes:
    Mirabelle wrote: »

Were those teens harrassing you through social media? Or were/are they connected with your school? Harrassment is totally unacceptable and you have the right to complain if they are still at school. Or, if on social media then report them to the legal department of whatever social media site you belong to. I've done this before to a stalker, and to a nasty bunch. I don't take crap from people and neither should you.

Idiot drivers are everywhere.

Also, be very careful about sharing photos online. I love photography, too. But I never show any pictures (except recipe pics) online because you never know who is out there.

You don't have to hate yourself. Having been in trouble with the police still means you can put it in the past. You can still enjoy your photography hobby too, using even the simplest of digital cameras, even a 6 MP compact cheapie will bring joy.

Let's do some self-help. It won't 5 minutes.

'How to protect your mental health online': http://www.themix.org.uk/mental-heal...ine-23016.html

Is there any way you can get back on good terms with your Mum? She might be annoying, but you need to listen to her, don't have a shouting match and obey house rules while living under the same roof. Could this be a possibility? :yes:

The harrasament isn't to do online. The only social media i have is facebook and xbox live and i've never been bullied on either luckily. It's to do in real life.

I'm at college this year currently on easter break. So no their not from my school (unless they were from my old secondary school but i don't think so as i didn't recognize them) or my college. (one of them goes to my friends youth club but i dont go there. ) The other four don't. The reason i had to avoid doing photography is because they were in the same area where i was taking photos and just harrasing me about it when i was just taking photos of birds, trees flowers whilst being on my bicycle as that's the main way i get around because i have no full driving license yet and don't always like getting the bus because it's always late. etc... (That's the main reason i stopped last year. I don't know if they do it on purpose but when ever i got harrased (theres times ive got bruises because of them trying to damage my bike or threaten to steal it and got my leg with their bikes as there always on bike. When this happend i had a older bike and i think they actually managed to break the chain on my bike as it kept coming off often after that happend before it only came off when you just don't change gear on time etc.. by them they always picked a area where there's no CCTV like around parks/cycle paths/shortcuts but it was a old bike and i was getting a new bike for christmas. etc... They tried stopping me with their dog once but it was a small dog. but i didn't go past i just tried to go back the other way but i couldn't as there were 5 of them and even small dogs can attack if they want to. So since last year i haven't gone up that area to do photography. I mostly just share the animal,trees, flowers etc.. photos online (Like my profile picture of my hamster) i never show any pictures with personal info or my location because that's just a risk to your own safety.

As for mum i dunno how to get on good terms as i'm already 19 (turned 19 on the 10th)
  • RayofhopeRayofhope Posts: 152 Helping Hand
    Hi L100,

Well done for coming here to talk about things it can often be hard to talk about things so well done. Sorry to here about the harassment it sounds horrible and i am sorry that this happens to you. Have you got anyone close that you could tell so that they are able to support you and maybe help you feel safer when you are out and about?

Its good to hear that it sounds like you are safe online. Is there anywhere else you are able to do your photography so that you don't have to go the areas which they are normally about?

I am sorry to hear that you don't have a good relationship with your mum is there anything which you find that you and your mum can do where you get on well together?

How are you?

Hope to here form you soon
    Rayofhope:rainbow::rainbow2:
    Life doesn’t require we be the best, only that we try our best
    Rayofhope wrote: »
    Hi L100,

Well done for coming here to talk about things it can often be hard to talk about things so well done. Sorry to here about the harassment it sounds horrible and i am sorry that this happens to you. Have you got anyone close that you could tell so that they are able to support you and maybe help you feel safer when you are out and about?

Its good to hear that it sounds like you are safe online. Is there anywhere else you are able to do your photography so that you don't have to go the areas which they are normally about?

I am sorry to hear that you don't have a good relationship with your mum is there anything which you find that you and your mum can do where you get on well together?

How are you?

Hope to here form you soon
    Rayofhope:rainbow::rainbow2:

Thanks and nope as all my other relatives live out of the area and my brothers at uni and also doesn't care about me and my mum hates me and doesnt want to spend time with me and when i told college they suggested i should tell the police involved but i didn't do that for reasons plus if i did i doubt there's anything they could do as there's no CCTV in that area so no evidence and if the other's lie i'm outnumbered as there were 5 of them and only one of me and also becaause i've been in minor trobule with the police myself.
    I do it in another area as well but i ussually go up that area to take different pictures as the other area all i can really take photos of are ducks and grass there's not many flowers in that area. So if i want to take photos of other things i ussually go up to that area. i dunno if it's an area that's had problems because there's signs saying Anti-Social behaivour will not be tolerated.