Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

My Life Right Now

I don't know or care if anyone will read this. I am just gonna use this to vent because I don't have anyone to talk to. Currently I am preparing to take the ACT test, but I was studying and using a sample test and I realized, crap I am gonna fail this! I don't know how to do any of this! And the whole thing really stressed me out and I started crying and then I started having a panic attack. I was thinking I can't do this. I'm just not gonna show up on test day, but then I remembered that my parents spent 100 dollars so I could take the test, and I couldn't back out and I've already wasted so much of their money and I just felt like such a disappointment and so I just got done crying in my room. I was scanning the internet for ways to calm myself down after a panic attack and that's when I found this website.

Comments

• MirabelleMirabelle Posts: 1,020 Wise Owl
    Hey Sofia

I understand your panic attacks because my sister suffers these beasts, too. So first, let me be 'Big Sis' and walk you through this useful breathing technique which I use even for myself when having a rough morning. It'll help get your panic down. :)

If you’re able to control your breathing, you’re less likely to experience the hyperventilating that can make other symptoms - and the panic attack itself - worse. Focus on taking deep breaths in and out through your mouth, feeling the air slowly fill your chest and belly and then slowly leave them again.

Like this: Breathe in for a count of four, hold for a second, and then breathe out for a count of four. Okay? Let's try it: Breathe in.....hold.....breathe out.....breathe in.....hold.....breathe out.....

After a few minutes you'll feel the difference it makes.

Also, for the forum has some great self-help articles and one is Panic Attacks (and anxiety):

http://www.themix.org.uk/mental-health/anxiety-ocd-and-phobias/im-having-a-panic-attack-5819.html

Many of us find starting college, daunting. Tests and those horrid exams, too, but we've all go to do them. However, I've found that taking a day at a time is good because tomorrow hasn't happened yet. And next day could turn out to be better than we thought! You're not alone, Sofia. Oh, here at The Mix we also have some super times to chat. Live chat announcements can be found here.

http://www.themix.org.uk/community/forum/chat-debate/live-chat-announcements

Wishing a better day, and hope to talk to you again.

Belle