Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

I've fallen in love with my house mate

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi guys,

So I've found myself in a rather agonizing position. Last year I went to uni for the first timr and made a bunch of great friends in halls, we then decided to get a house together for 2nd and 3rd years. Towards the end of the year I found my self falling head long in love with one of my closest friends from uni and she is part of the group I'm now kiving with. I'm not sure what to do because I truly love her, but am in the middle of living with her, and will be next academic year too. Obviously living with her is the agonizing part because I both love spendibg time with her, and I do a lot, but it also hurts because I don't think she likes me, and even if she did would it work as we are living together?

Comments

• Options
    Wow! I think this is a situation a lot of people have been in, however, having said that, there is no 'right' answer. Its down to you personally, you need to consider several factors 1) are you prepared to stay in the situation you are currently the way you are for the next 2 years? 2) Are you in a open and honest friendship with this person where you can express your feelings without it turning awkward or 3)Are you prepared for the outcome, no matter what it might be? Again, this is a tough one and there is no 'correct' response, its down to you and what you feel more confident or comfortable with. Good luck!
  • Options
    cemme wrote: »
    1) are you prepared to stay in the situation you are currently the way you are for the next 2 years? 2) Are you in a open and honest friendship with this person where you can express your feelings without it turning awkward or 3)Are you prepared for the outcome, no matter what it might be?

Good and helpful questions here - what do you think?
    It's not an easy situation to be in and sometimes the more you spend time with someone the hardest it is to get over them! Are you open to dating other people or is liking her is stopping you?
    It could help to weigh out the benefits of living with her and seeing her every day vs the disadvantages - and what is actually best for you.

Do have a look at our article on loving a friend that could help *hug*