Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

playing hell with fucking social help

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I been on the phone to social to get contact with my brother and sister that live in new brighton.

We all been in care beause of what happened when I was little. (Not going into that)

My sister and brother that in new Brighton and still in care. Social told the older ones said we can go to new Brighton and the cost to get up there is going to be a bomer as I don't drive niver. Even i was in care we haven't had contact for over 3 years and social havnt bothered to arrange contact. I was in the phone to there social this afternoon and she doesn't know how long its going to be and she got to speak to them and there carar. Why has it took so longy sister already told them that she wants contact with us. Social taking the fucking piss. She didn't want to tell me nothing about how my sister and brother is doing. She said they my "responsible" not urs. I am there fucking sister. It not one they not doing there ducking job proply. So I am playing hell with them. I trying everything to have contact with them. (I don't drive BTW)

I am now waiting for a solistor to get back to me now too.

Questions.
1* will I have to pay for getting a sollistor involved.
2* what do I need to be repered for them
3* is there anything I need to expact of off them (first time have one)

Comments

• Options
    Hi angel,

Assuming a solicitor got in touch with you, how did it go? Hope everything is okay :)
  • Options
    Hi angel,

Assuming a solicitor got in touch with you, how did it go? Hope everything is okay :)

Hey it not till Thursday I think :)
  • Options
    Hi angel, I hope ur feeling a little bit better now u have got the problem off ur chest. It's really good that u managed to open up to us and u been no more then honest.

I think its very wrong of them to have treated u as a customer very appalling without thinking of the needs of the customer first. They shouldn't be allowed to get away with it.

I do think as a service they are responsible for providing excellent customer at all times, meet the needs of the patient, always handle a complaint to the best of there knowledge and always putting others before themselves, second thing is that they should be handling complaints accordnly and thirdly they got to comply with the rules and regulations.

If none of these things have been taken into considersation then u can get make a formal complaint but there needs to be a good reason behind it. If ur not allowed to communicate or see ur siblings for whatever reason, they are being neglacted and treated badly or have had lack of supervision then there's a good reason to complain.

Make sure that if you take any precautions regarding the unhappy service you have received that you take notes of the conversations being taken between u and the social worker, u get something in writing on paper and signed and u made a formal complaint within the time scale when u the problem happened. You should found out more about the terms and conditions on there website and take appropriate action if needed.

Therefore if you do go about this then every advice given out to u will either be free legal advice or not free legal advice. You need to do ur research and ask urself what the best cause of action is so for u said u want to see a sollister, they will cost u by the hour and for that being said u need to know how much it will cost u, how long u wanna spend talking to them and what is the right questions to ask. You need to ask them can u take the company to court, do I have rights to see my siblings, can someone on ur behalf or another legal advice bureu step in and take action, can the police get involved and am I allowed to just go and see them whenever I feel like it no matter what social services say. You would expect the right appropriate advice, what ur rights would be, wether u wish to take them to court and how much support can they give u on a first time basis.

In the mean time u can look on these websites to find out more about making a complaint in social services. There's WauhamForest.gov.uk or www.nhs.uk/social. I hope one of these websites can benefit u and to find out more in ur current situation.

Please keep reaching out on here two.

Good Luck.
  • Options
    I would check out The Who Cares trust who were a huge help to me when I was in care. I would have thought your case would be covered by legal aid but with the amount thats changed in the past few years I couldn't be certain. Unless there are court orders against you seeing them then you should be allowed to see them unless social services can make a good case to say otherwise (i.e. that you're violent, abusive, have drink or drug problems etc), but I know some of my info is out of date as is was 7 years ago that I left care. The Police cannot and will not advocate for you or tell social services they aren't doing their job properly. When looking for a solicitor find one with plenty of experience with not just work involving children's social services (the children's bit is important because theres very different legislation for adult social services) but preferably in the same area as the social services that look after your siblings.

I hope that helps!