Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

i think im a ghost

BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
Swear i posted this a few days ago but cant seem to find it so apologies if i have.... 

Please don't judge or laugh.

Title says it all really, i think i may be a ghost. it would make so much sense. like i don't feel alive but i don't feel dead either, i'm stuck somewhere in the middle. It would also explain why my attempts haven't worked, how do you kill a ghost?. I just feel so guilty leading my friends and family to believe i'm alive when i'm not. I don't know what to do about this, i don't know how to move on.
' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Just got here
    Hey Bubbles it doesn't matter if you did post it before, because this is my chance to talk to you about this empty feeling inside, but you are no way a ghost! It's just that inside, you have an incredible amount of strength inside of you. You like me just have to find it. You're an amazing person. You have to know that even if others don't. Sometimes you can show people the most beautiful thing ever created, but some dickhead will nitpick and tear it apart. It is just the way of life, so we have to find a way forward, just like I'm doing.

Some people enjoy bringing us down just so they can feel better about themselves. But you must dismiss it because what others think is just nonsense. Because like I have to, you got to try over and over again because I truly believe we gradually get that little bit stronger - like My Book of Hours that I told you to write. Taking an hour at a time, you told me days later, has already begun making you feel better. I want you to hold onto that. Because it's working

You're not alone. We all have moments of loneliness and emptiness. What we are doing, where are we going in life, these are questions many of us ask ourselves. We all have highs and lows during our lives, but also moments of feeling precious to someone. You give a lot to others, and I know it for myself what a great and understanding friend you are. These times that we don't feel confident or skilful, this is when we have to to drive ourselves on because we are driven by self doubt. And there's nothing wrong with that  :)

• Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,495 Skive's The Limit
    Heya bubbles, i read the title thinking you was gunna speak about feelings of depressionalistion or dissocation. Do you feel distached from yourself and life? Like youre not in your body- just an observer and watching but not really there

but i think it sounds more like you probably feel not listened to or heard ? Or alone. 

I know what you mean though. I wouldnt say i feel like a ‘ghost’ but depression makes me feel pretty much dead and none existance. Like sometimes numb, going no where in life, seeing no point and dont belong or i am unwanted. And watching people get on with lives while im stuck in this same space and not living. 

I dont know. But i believe that ghosts exists. But tbh i dont think youre a ghost
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley