Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Come down on weed????!!!!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Is it possible? My brother said he felt like he was having a comedown from weed cos he had so much yesterday and sometimes I feel like this after a heavy day of smoking but I thought it was just my imagination. Is it possible? I never thought it could be possible...?

With the "comedowns" I get I feel low and weepy and just...weird.

Comments

• Options
    1 of my friends who is called speccy smoked 4oz of weed and he sayed that he didnt come down but i reckon he do
  • Options
    see i dnt get come downs as such. i just feel abit meh... like im unmovtivted to do anything.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Twiggy Wiggy
    1 of my friends who is called speccy smoked 4oz of weed and he sayed that he didnt come down but i reckon he do

:yeees:

Wait, let me guess, he did this all in an hour as well? Am I right?
  • Options
    For the uneducated ones here whats a comedown ? what does it feel like and what exactly do you do ?
  • Options
    Comedowns are normally associated with stimulant drugs like ecstasy, speed, cocaine, etc.

You must've heard the phrase 'what goes up must come down'. Basically the more you had the night before the harder you'll crash the next day. It's just the body replenishing itself.

They affect people differently and on differing scales, I get comedowns really harsh, and basically all I want to do the next day is eat (although it's near on impossible), just sit, hardly say a word and keep myself to myself. I get really, really angry at the smallest of things. The best cure for them is sleep and a lot of liquid I've found.

I'm not sure about weed comedowns, I've felt groggy and a bit distant the next day wouldn't call it a comedown. However, I would say after taking a heavy dose of mushrooms I had a comedown, as all I did was sit, silently, occasionally smoking a bit of dope (through what was left of my mouth :crazyeyes) and just wanting to sleep though I couldn't.
  • Options
    hhmmm so why do it then if it makes you feel like that :confused:

I mean if you get pissed you may wake up with a hangover but by the sounds of it what you go through is worse.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,284 Skive's The Limit
    Originally posted by BeckyBoo
    hhmmm so why do it then if it makes you feel like that

I'm sure you've woke up after a night on the piss and declared you'd never drink another drop again?
    I mean if you get pissed you may wake up with a hangover but by the sounds of it what you go through is worse.

A 'proper' hangover is worse than any comedown IMO. (edited to add except a really bad base comedown)

...different drugs effect different ppl in different ways.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options

Yeah, what Skive said, and the fact that it feels great when you're on it - it's worth it :p
  • Options
    Originally posted by Skive
    I'm sure you've woke up after a night on the piss and declared you'd never drink another drop again?
    Well actually its usually its when I get home after a good session. I have to go upstairs and use the big white telephone. I talk to god and say "oh god never again" :lol:
    I aint been like that for a while tbh, now i darent drink too much cos i know what im like.
  • Options

They dont bother me and you can usually sleep it off. Smoking weed always works a treat :D
  • Options
    i haven't come down for 35 years! i'm dreading it.
  • Options
    The only 'comedown' i've had on cannabis would be feeling just sort of tired and drowsy depending on how much i've smoked but i've noticed it's more with eating it that i get a 'comedown' if you even want to call it a comedown, it's like another effect of the weed,your not stoned but still in a different type of effect.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Shogun
    it's like another effect of the weed,your not stoned but still in a different type of effect.
    no mans land ...which you can actualy learn to enjoy ...even if you have an appointment with the bank manager!
  • Options
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    no mans land ...which you can actualy learn to enjoy ...even if you have an appointment with the bank manager!

exactly!
  • Options
    i dont think they are 'comedowns' when u smoke cannabis, but today i felt really dosile and dopey if u know what i mean, i couldnt think properly, and i was walking round college all day just bein real quiet and tired. i cant explain it properly but i know what i mean