Home› Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Ecstacy Question

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Roughly if i take half a pill how long should it take to come up and if i took a 1/4 pill would it have any effect or just a waste of time?

Comments

• Options
    Re: Ecstacy Question
    Originally posted by Shogun
    Roughly if i take half a pill how long should it take to come up and if i took a 1/4 pill would it have any effect or just a waste of time?
    20 mins to an hour ...yes it would be a waste of time.
  • Options
    20 mins to an hour...depending on what?
  • Options
    20 mins to an hour...depending on what?

Stomach contents, the pill contents and to an extent your environment.

A good rough time I've found to be near enough right is 45 minutes.

A word of advice, after you drop, just let it run it's course, don't look back and think "what the fuck have I done!?" 'cos when it does hit you you can start getting paranoid thoughts. Just forget about it, kick back and relax and it'll be a good 'un!
  • Options
    Originally posted by z0ma
    Stomach contents, the pill contents and to an extent your environment.

A good rough time I've found to be near enough right is 45 minutes.

A word of advice, after you drop, just let it run it's course, don't look back and think "what the fuck have I done!?" 'cos when it does hit you you can start getting paranoid thoughts. Just forget about it, kick back and relax and it'll be a good 'un!

I'll be drinking and smoking a fair bit too so the odds are i won't be thinking much about what i've popped.

stomach contents,so if i eat more then the longer it takes to come on.

Any thoughts of a 1/4 pill z0ma then about an hour later the other 1/4?
  • Options
    I'll be drinking and smoking a fair bit too so the odds are i won't be thinking much about what i've popped.

stomach contents,so if i eat more then the longer it takes to come on.

Any thoughts of a 1/4 pill z0ma then about an hour later the other 1/4?
    your obviously in possesseion of one=, your going to do it, so enjoy mate. youir not going to go mad.
    i bet you have a ball. a 1/4 realy is going to be a let down.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,283 Skive's The Limit

If your drinking and smoking aswell there's a good chance that even a 1/2 may not be that noticable.

Your better off doing half and not consuming any other drugs, then doing another half after you come up from the first - when you'll feel comfotable enough to do it (trust me, there's a very good chance you will)!

1/4 would be a waste of time IMO - the only thing it may do is it might make you fell more comfortable taking a half the next time.

Your a sensible geezer mate - I can't see you having any probs and you'll have a great time I'm sure! :D
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    I know a 1/4 on it's own would be a let down but i was thinking of doing 1/4 then another 1/4 about an hour later or so since i would be drinking and smoking as well.
  • Options
    stop being a fucking paranoid wreck and sit back and chew the jaws of yourself,
  • Options
    i was thinking of doing 1/4 then another 1/4 about an hour later or so since i would be drinking and smoking as well.

It's going to be a let down like that anyway, especially if you're drinking and smoking as well - other drugs will just mask any effets you may get. IHMO you wont feel anything if you take it this way!

As I said before the only benifit in dong such small amounts is that it may make you more comfortable next time, when you might do a quantity that WILL have an effect.

My advice is just to drop a half with mates somewhere comfortable, without any other substances involved and take it from there - chances are you'll end up doing the other half and lovin it! :D

Risk
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    If you're really desperate to drink, just have a few cans before you drop - don't get drunk. Then I'd go with what Skive said: drop a half, and another half when you come up on the first.

Don't bother with quarters. It's a waste of a pill and is IMO, being unnesessarily cautious.

Oh, and sitting with a few joints an hour or two later feels pretty good too.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kiezo
    Oh, and sitting with a few joints an hour or two later feels pretty good too.

There's nothing I love more than sitting around with a few good mates at 3am, swopping theories on how we came to be or talking about what it'd be like if dinosaurs were still around while passing around a few skunk spliffs. Heaven.

It's not like normal heavy smoking sessions, you don't get monged out or feel that stoned at all really, it's just really, really euphoric, bliss! :D

And like others have said, you'd be much better off dropping a 1/2 then later if you need it dropping another 1/2. My first time I dropped a whole pill and while I was a bit nervous, I had a fucking amazing time! :D

Also, as has been mentioned, do not get drunk before you drop, a very, very unwise idea. It fucks you up too much and it is really easy to go overboard.

When you become more experienced in the whole of dropping, you could be drunk while dropping although it is still gonna do you a lot more harm than good. However, I have had some fucking amazing times after dropping when pissed. It's always really hazy in the morning, and I could near enough guarentee it'll be overwhelming if you are drunk.

Chill out, drop, forget about it, smoke a couple of spliffs then wham! It'll be a good 'un, trust me! ;)
  • Options
    Do NOT take E pills they will kill you and if you mix drugs then you could have an overdose. just stick to drink.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Twiggy Wiggy
    Do NOT take E pills they will kill you and if you mix drung then you could have an overdose. just stick to drink.

You, shut the fuck up.
  • Options
    kiezo if your on drug pills or heroin now then i suggest you drink water and eat some food and just relax. do not take any more drug pills. you will be hooked.
  • Options
    Ignore it people it's just a troll. It has absolutely no idea what it's on about!
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    kiezo if your on drug pills or heroin now then i suggest you drink water and eat some food and just relax. do not take any more drug pills. you will be hooked.

And I suggest you do as I said, and shut the fuck up.
  • Options
    negative

that maybe the drugs talking so i will not bite you
  • Options

wtf....get out if you dont like the idea of drugs....and im sure we're all old enough and wise enough to decide what they want to do
  • Options
    Shogun, if it was my first time of dropping again, i would most probably be at a house party, take half a pill and make sure you have your favourite tunes on, music to me was so important. wait for the come up and then you will definatley want to take the other half. be sensible and you will have no problems at all. make sure its only good friends with you and not the type of tossers who think it would be a good idea to spoil your roll and try making you trip
  • Options

you are either A) a person who lives somewhere like the shetlands island who goes to mass everyday and has high morals
    or
    B) a stupid little teenager sitting in his room listening to all the shit said about drugs and pretending he knows what he's talkin about and TRYING to give advice,

either way, shut the fuck up and never post on this site again
  • Options
    It was a good one :)
  • Options
    Do NOT take E pills they will kill you and if you mix drugs then you could have an overdose. just stick to drink.
    tiggy ...what on earth are you doing in the drugs forum?
    please ignore the nasty posts ...give drug users a bad name and convince people like you that all drug users are the morons you already think they are.
    i have been taking drugs of all descriptions for nearly 36 years ...there are millions like me ...fit, healthy ...capable ...comfortable ...i meet old mates who only ever took booze. worked hard and honest all their lives but mostly they are fat and nackered and on some kind of medication (drugs)
    to be able to carry on with life. i don't think you have any knowledge at all about illegal pleasures and how few die compared to alcohol and nicotine users. plus people who over eat or over exercise.
    if you looked at nhs figures you would find that over eaters, smokers and drinkers are basicaly overpowering the health system.
    there are very few people who cannot thrive in a healthy physical and mental state on illegals.
  • Options
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    please ignore the nasty posts ...give drug users a bad name and convince people like you that all drug users are the morons you already think they are.
    i have been taking drugs of all descriptions for nearly 36 years ...there are millions like me ...fit, healthy ...capable ...comfortable ...i meet old mates who only ever took booze. worked hard and honest all their lives but mostly they are fat and nackered and on some kind of medication (drugs)
    to be able to carry on with life. i don't think you have any knowledge at all about illegal pleasures and how few die compared to alcohol and nicotine users. plus people who over eat or over exercise.
    if you looked at nhs figures you would find that over eaters, smokers and drinkers are basicaly overpowering the health system.
    there are very few people who cannot thrive in a healthy physical and mental state on illegals.

WELL SAID
  • Options

He's a troll. He's doing it to wind us up.

Use your bloody head.
  • Options
    He's a troll. He's doing it to wind us up.

Use your bloody head.
    this troll has a life style you can only dream of!
  • Options
    this troll has a life style you can only dream of!

I was talking about Twiggy Wiggy, not you :yeees:
  • Options
    I was talking about Twiggy Wiggy, not you :yeees:
    my apologies!
  • Options

u realy know your stuff, i respect you. very well said