Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Combined pill?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
..Well i think its the combined one! i could be getting them mixed up.
Can anyone give me some info on this, i used to be on the normal pill, was on microgynon and cileste, What is the difference between these and the combined pill cos the doctor said to me that the comined pill will be less likely to cause me bleed twice in a month? Thank u :)

Comments

• Options
    microgynon and cilest ARE combined pills.

combined pills have both oestrogen and progesterone in. this is the kind of pill most women take.

the othe type of pill is the 'mini pill' which only contains progesterone. these are less common, and you HAVE to take them at the same time every day, but they're useful for women who can't tolerate the oestrogen in the combined pill.
  • Options
    Microgynon IS a combined pill. I don't know what your doctor would be talking about if she's talking about something other than the combined pill. I think the best person to ask for advice IS your doctor, though! If you don't understand something she says then ask her to explain it, it's part of the job.
  • Options
    sorry gettin them mixed up, the mini-pill thats the one, only spoke to the doc briefly about it as it was an appointment for something else, i was just wondering if any of u knew anything about that kinda pill.
  • Options
    Try this...

I should really be a mod :rolleyes:

Hope that helps!
  • Options
    Originally posted by *TiNK*
    sorry gettin them mixed up, the mini-pill thats the one, only spoke to the doc briefly about it as it was an appointment for something else, i was just wondering if any of u knew anything about that kinda pill.

I've been on it for nearly a year, what do you want to know?