You may be asked to reset your password when you try to login. This is part of a system update and is genuine, so it's safe to go ahead and do that. If you no longer have access to the email address you used to register, please email us at [email protected] rather than creating a new account. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Fairytale fancydress

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,328 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ok as always when its a friends birthday we havea theme and its fairytale. Now as a rocker I don't exactly wanna go out ina princess type clothes and the lack of long blond hair rules out most fairytale gals!

I've only had a couple of ideas and none grab my attanetion:-
A)Cinderella's fairy "goth" mother. I'd have to make some sort of net type black skirt i guess

or B) go as Ursula the sea witch when she's got legs (lil mermaid baddie) I have a dress that could be used and i have a lil mermaid doll that i could take too!

But these seem really boring and I want some more inspiration-come on guys-gimme a cool outfit idea!

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,328 The Mix Honorary Guru
    evil queen in Snow White??:confused:
    Originally posted by Faith
    evil queen in Snow White??:confused:

:yes: if u wana go for the rocky/gothy look, she wears black and has a whiteish face.
    you could always turn a fairy or princess into a bit moshery or whatever it is you are. ya know, add your own touch.
    My best mate has claimed evil queen and as its her bday I guess she gets first choice hehe! Yeh you're right I can turn even a prissy princess pinky style into rockerstyle-I'm just gonna have to be creative!
    you can't see this picture great, but i made myself a fairy skirt out of purple and pink netting (dead easy), and wore it with army boots, stripy socks, fishnet sleeves and fingerless gloves. plus i had pink hair and a few strategically placed pieces of tinsel.

so you don't HAVE to look like every other fairy there.
    hey thats really good!

I got a short Omen skirt today that like pleated but the pleats arent connected so i thought I could buy some black net and make a big puffy underskirt type thing but I'm not sure how.

I'm really not a good sewing type person but if i have some idea then its ok!My mate suggested getting 6metres of 1metre wide Tuul? I think thats what she called it. Then foldin it into a metre squared shape. Then cut a waist size hole and sewing it. Anyone done this style if sewing before if so does it work?! I'm so uselss I wouldn't know!
    ohhh Kaffrin U PURDEY !!! :)
    cant you just go as like you own interpritation of snow white or something like, snow white the goth junkie or something.. i donno jsut an idea:confused:
    Haha I have no imagination so I needed to ask you guys! I'm gonna do the fairy "Goth"mother idea though. I'll try posting a pic when i dress up but I'll prob forget! Thought I'd make a wand myself though with lotsa glitter!