Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

New Leeds Manager

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Gordon Strachan favourite to be new Leeds manager.

Who else thinks he would be mad? OK Southampton may not be as big a club as Leeds but they are currently sitting 10th in the Premiership with Leeds firmly rooted at the bottom and strong favs to be relegated.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Its a poisoned chalice, I don't think any manager, even the great Ferguson, could do anything to save them going down.

If he's prepared to go down with them and help rebuild the club, fair enough. Maybe the new backers they're talking about can help but I can't see it changing anything this season.
    Gordon would be crazy to go their.
    They've had two good managers in Venebles & Reid and they couldn't do much so I doubt Strachan would have much luck.

What about Howard Wilkinson? Legend! :D
    I know it is looking very bleak for us at the moment but it is far from over. We are only a couple of wins to be clear of relegation, at the moment I can't see where them couple of wins are going to come from but there is still hope and maybe Strachan is the man to do it for us.

The speculation is that Strachan is coming but there is a guy with a lot of money helping with his compensation and injecting money into the club. If this is true (which I hope it is) then there is still hope yet for Yorkshires Number 1 club :)
    Originally posted by Lickalotapuss
    We are only a couple of wins to be clear of relegation

Having lost 2-0 at home to Bolton, I'd say that "only" if a very big word in that sentence.

If I was a Leeds fan, I'd be very worried about the direction which you are going. Down seems to be the only way at the moment...

As a United fan, I couldn;t be happier of course.

BTW Strachan would be a mug to take this job on. He is currently working for a good Southampton team, who have little or no apparent finance problems - so why move?
    Originally posted by Man Of Kent
    Having lost 2-0 at home to Bolton, I'd say that "only" if a very big word in that sentence.
    Like I said, "I can't see where the 2 wins will come from at the moment".

Why would Strachan move to Leeds??
    1) Because he loves the club
    2) It is a challenge
    3) With financial backing he could be the one who makes Leeds a success again.
    4) He's being at southampton 3-4yrs?? and unless you are a very successful club, managers don't stay much longer anyway so he will be moving on soon, so why not take the challnege up at Leeds (a club he loves).

If there is no financial backing then yes he would be stupid to move, but if there is then why not. He could be the saviour of Leeds and cos he loves the club so much why wouldn't he want to be labelled as "the man who saves Leeds"???
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    He'll be vilified just like Hoddle was when he left us for Spurs. I hope he stays - he's a bloody good boss!
    Weekender Offender 
    The players have already lost all confidence. Unless players like Viduka and Smith play at the top of their game, Leeds will be relegated. There is no point strachan losing his reputation he has built up since his poor spell in charge of coventry.
    Yorkshire's NO.1 club?

thought that was Boro

:p
    Originally posted by BlackArab
    Yorkshire's NO.1 club?

thought that was Boro

:p
    :lol: