Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Fairytale fancydress

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ok as always when its a friends birthday we havea theme and its fairytale. Now as a rocker I don't exactly wanna go out ina princess type clothes and the lack of long blond hair rules out most fairytale gals!

I've only had a couple of ideas and none grab my attanetion:-
A)Cinderella's fairy "goth" mother. I'd have to make some sort of net type black skirt i guess

or B) go as Ursula the sea witch when she's got legs (lil mermaid baddie) I have a dress that could be used and i have a lil mermaid doll that i could take too!

But these seem really boring and I want some more inspiration-come on guys-gimme a cool outfit idea!

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    evil queen in Snow White??:confused:
    Originally posted by Faith
    evil queen in Snow White??:confused:

:yes: if u wana go for the rocky/gothy look, she wears black and has a whiteish face.
    you could always turn a fairy or princess into a bit moshery or whatever it is you are. ya know, add your own touch.
    My best mate has claimed evil queen and as its her bday I guess she gets first choice hehe! Yeh you're right I can turn even a prissy princess pinky style into rockerstyle-I'm just gonna have to be creative!
    you can't see this picture great, but i made myself a fairy skirt out of purple and pink netting (dead easy), and wore it with army boots, stripy socks, fishnet sleeves and fingerless gloves. plus i had pink hair and a few strategically placed pieces of tinsel.

so you don't HAVE to look like every other fairy there.
    hey thats really good!

I got a short Omen skirt today that like pleated but the pleats arent connected so i thought I could buy some black net and make a big puffy underskirt type thing but I'm not sure how.

I'm really not a good sewing type person but if i have some idea then its ok!My mate suggested getting 6metres of 1metre wide Tuul? I think thats what she called it. Then foldin it into a metre squared shape. Then cut a waist size hole and sewing it. Anyone done this style if sewing before if so does it work?! I'm so uselss I wouldn't know!
    ohhh Kaffrin U PURDEY !!! :)
    cant you just go as like you own interpritation of snow white or something like, snow white the goth junkie or something.. i donno jsut an idea:confused:
    Haha I have no imagination so I needed to ask you guys! I'm gonna do the fairy "Goth"mother idea though. I'll try posting a pic when i dress up but I'll prob forget! Thought I'd make a wand myself though with lotsa glitter!