Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Bush Protesters

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
They should get back to work, assuming they have jobs although by the look of some of them its obvious they don't.

Terrorists have just attacked this countrys intrests killing and maiming people and these lot decide to piss around in London stopping traffic and shouting "give peace a chance".

Why the fuck should we? The terrorists don't.

This protest is just an excuse for a day off, fucking soap dodgers.

*cue liberal whingeing

Comments

• Options
    A lot of people dislike bush, therefore they're exercising their right to free speech and protesting.

Whether or not any of them are unemployed or, God forbid, evil students, is irrelevent.
  • Options
    I bet that 95% of them are more intrested in Eastenders than Bush and Iraq.

I wouldn't call them students either, these lot are just a bunch of layabout tossers. On second thoughts....
  • Options
    Originally posted by godscop

I wouldn't call them students either, these lot are just a bunch of layabout tossers. On second thoughts....

Surely if they've little interest in Bush and Iraq, there are much more interesting things to do than walk around London holding a banner?

They're not exactly laying about, though, are they?
    If I was a layabout (ok, forget the if ;) ), I could think of many better things to do than go anywhere near central London.

I don't think the protests will do any good, Bush just has to keep the voters in the US (and, of course his friends/business interests) happy.
    Blair probably couldn't give much of a damn, either (although maybe marginally more than Bush).

Assuming they really belive in their cause and have the desire to walk around holding a poster on a stick, then good luck to them.
  • Options
    Terrorists have been blowing things up for centuries, its not exactly a modern thing.

Should we just go and kill every single person in NOrtehrn Ireland ratehr than give peace a chance? Actually, Id best not ask you that, youd be retarded enough to say yes.
  • Options
    if they are after defeating terrorists then why the fuck are they fighting in iraq?
  • Options
    Surely if they've little interest in Bush and Iraq, there are much more interesting things to do than walk around London holding a banner?

They don't, thats the point.
    Should we just go and kill every single person in NOrtehrn Ireland ratehr than give peace a chance? Actually, Id best not ask you that, youd be retarded enough to say yes.

You really are a thick ****. When is the penny going to drop?
    if they are after defeating terrorists then why the fuck are they fighting in iraq?

To get rid of the regime that was in grip of that country. You know that all ready and your just being a ****.
  • Options
    I found the protesters signs rather simplistic and intereting...especially the brilliantly led 'statue' topeling...heheeeeeeeeee ~

Allright...I admit to sarcasm.

:eek2:
  • Options
    Where has this idea that protesters are stupid come from? Most the people on the bus to London were actually very intelligent. The guy I was sitting next to worked for the UN and children's rights. He's been to university and yes he has a job.

Actually I'd say that most of the people who indulge in soaps are the same type who read second rate papers like The Sun (you know, the ones with all the news on celebrities) and I think it's fair to say that the more intelligent people would read more intelligent papers. But people of lower intellect are more easily influenced and dumbass papers like the Sun are pro-war and never hold a good arguement.

Oh... and to quote from Nurse Betty "It's people with no life that watch other people's fake lives."
    Terrorists have just attacked this countrys intrests killing and maiming people and these lot decide to piss around in London stopping traffic and shouting "give peace a chance".

Still waiting for an intelligent arguement... By the way, you've accused anti-war people of being stupid, what university did you go to? If you've studied either psychology or sociology you'll know how difficult it is to measure intellect and that there are two sides to every arguement in everything but science.

:lol: My we do feel strongly about this don't we dear. So c'mon, start pumping out real facts and arguements with some back up to it.
    Terrorists have been blowing things up for centuries, its not exactly a modern thing.

Indeed, one of the best known in the UK being Guy Fawkes. Everybody shat themselves in the twin tower incident when it's hardly a new thing... look at Israel and Palestine.
    They don't, thats the point.

I think you should meet Monocrat, it's a shame he's not around because your posts have all the depth his had. :p You could be best buddies!
  • Options
  • Options
    Nah, I'm challenging him/her on what s/he's been implying. If we are stupid and unemployed then maybe she/he should tell us where she/he got an education and works, just so us 'fucking soap dodgers' know where we stand.

As for intellect, I don't see IQ tests or education as a good pointer to how much brains we got. Sorry if I sounded like I was discriminating, I didn't mean to sound like that.
  • Options
    Re: Bush Protesters
    *cue liberal whingeing

so you didnt want a debate, you just wanted a response? And the protesters are petty?
  • Options
    They should get back to work, assuming they have jobs although by the look of some of them its obvious they don't.

*cue liberal whingeing

Everyone I went with has a job. I booked half a day annual leave so I could go, with the full approval of my line manager.

And please tell me how the war in Iraq is tackling terrorism? :confused: Its causing more terrorism by the looks of it.
  • Options
    I wouldn't call them students either, these lot are just a bunch of layabout tossers.

All 150,000 of them?
  • Options
    Apparently there were 300, 000 officially, but the BBc narrowed it down. 300 000 unemployed doley under-educated layabout tossers :p
  • Options
    Oh, wait, it's ok, everybody change their opinion on what was said above, godscop is American.

So it's OK what (s)he has to say, as they live in a "democracy" where patriotism of forced into you, and you can't freely talk against the government, for fear of people turning against you, and accusing you of encouraging communism.
  • Options

*cue liberal whingeing

Interpretation:

'anyone who argues against me is a 'liberal' and anything they say is 'whingeing' and I won't listen to it. I am a big tough guy'

You didn't even leave in the typical 'I am so very plkeased they are exercising their democratic right' soundbite that the politiicasn have been doing...............:rolleyes:
  • Options
    Originally posted by the doc horatio
    godscop is American.

Are you sure? I thought that he was a Manchester lad...
    So it's OK what (s)he has to say, as they live in a "democracy" where patriotism of forced into you, and you can't freely talk against the government, for fear of people turning against you, and accusing you of encouraging communism

Actually he lives in the kind of democracy where people seem to believe that patriotism is forced, rather than a reasoned opinion. Where support for the war is seem as an uneducated opinion which can only be because you read the Sun (or a.n. other tabloid). He lives in the kind of democracy where a protest by 300,000 (max) people is seen as significant showing of public opinion - when they only relate to less than 0.01% of the population of this country. He lives in a democracy where opinion polls showed than the majority (yes 51% is a majority) felt that the President of the US should be welcomed.

Remember you salute the rank, not the man.
    Originally posted by Toadborg
    You didn't even leave in the typical 'I am so very plkeased they are exercising their democratic right' soundbite that the politiicasn have been doing...............

Is there something wrong with that sentiment then? To point out that those people were exercising their rights even though they were in a minority?

You know in some countries they would have faced bullets rather than lines of police...
  • Options
    Originally posted by Man Of Kent

Is there something wrong with that sentiment then? To point out that those people were exercising their rights even though they were in a minority?

You know in some countries they would have faced bullets rather than lines of police...

No but when you see the likes of Jack straw saying so it seems somewhat forced.

You can tell he is just itching to tell them all where to stuff there opinions.

He may agree that they should be allowed to say it but they obviously don't agree with anything they say or are likely to have their opinion swayed or their policy adjusted........
  • Options
    Originally posted by Toadborg
    No but when you see the likes of Jack straw saying so it seems somewhat forced.

You can tell he is just itching to tell them all where to stuff there opinions.

He may agree that they should be allowed to say it but they obviously don't agree with anything they say or are likely to have their opinion swayed or their policy adjusted........

Erm, democracy in action then?
  • Options

*cue liberal whingeing

cop...

This is a job! Getting the word out to those hoodwinked people, like yourself!

Then why are fighting Iraq? Shouldn’t we have stuck to those that attacked us?

Are you suggesting we let the Terrorist set the values that we should follow?

They have a job to do here, too.

*cue liberal whingeing

Sounds like, you’re the one whining. ;)