Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Eating

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I just dont seem to want to eat at the mo, i mean il eat but not loadz only bits and im losing wait and im skinny anyway so if i lose wait il look like a stick!
any ideas what could be wrong with me? :confused:

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I'm the same at the moment, luckily I'm not a stick so a little bit of weight loss can be good :D

I know why I've lost my appetite; it's because I've been drinking a lot recently (see related thread lol) and my stomach's fucked. Has anything changed in your life? Are you stressed/depressed? How long has it been going on for?
    stressed and depressed, do you think its that then?
    Yes. What you stressed/depressed about? :(
    i've been the opposite! if i hadnt had 2 periods since i last had sex i'd think i was preggers. i cant seem to feel full up:eek2:
    Originally posted by paperBprincess
    i've been the opposite! if i hadnt had 2 periods since i last had sex i'd think i was preggers. i cant seem to feel full up:eek2:

if you eat more then your stomach stretches and so you keep needing to eat more to get full up.
    Re: Eating
    Originally posted by *TiNK*
    I just dont seem to want to eat at the mo, i mean il eat but not loadz only bits and im losing wait and im skinny anyway so if i lose wait il look like a stick!
    any ideas what could be wrong with me? :confused:

Firstly i have been in the same situation as you. Ive always been slim and anyway for some reason some time ago I just did not want to eat or if I did i was just nibbling.
    What Id suggest you do firstly is make an appointment to see your G.P, they will take blood tests from you to check that you have not got an underlying problem. Your loss of appetite could be from something medical not psychologocal.
    I had blood tests and they could find nothing wrong. So I had to basicaly make myself eat, even if it was just small amounts often. Id got out of the habit of eating so used to drink tea or coffee and eat hardly anything. So id make sure id have half a slice of toast on a morning and if I could face something else id have that. I used to try small amounts often because if you have not been eating and someone hands you a plate full of food chances are your gonna turn your nose up at it, so as i say make sure its smaller amounts and gradually build the size up.
    Gradually your appetite should return but you have got to keep trying to eat, even if its only a biscuit, half a banana or whatever, basially i used to just eat whatever I fancied that meant at least i was eating something. Hopefully your appetite will return. Try drinking milk if you like milk as that will keep building you back up.

But deffinately go see your doctor and just tell him how you have been feeling and let him check you out :)
    Thanks becks, i might have to go an see doc in a week bout it if it doesnt change. just to shut my mum up! :rolleyes: lol. I would drink milk cos i love the stuff but i cant cos of IBS but ahh wel. Im just eating what i fancy at the mo and in very small amounts like iv just eaten some soup. :)
    Originally posted by *TiNK*
    [ just to shut my mum up! :rolleyes:

she will be worried you know. If she's nagging you its only cos she's worried so yeah just to shut her up go and see the doc ;)

Thats the best thing just eat what you fancy. Some people will disagree with that but if I didnt eat what I fancied then I would have eaten nothing so which is better ?
    whats ibs?
    *is stoopid today*
    Originally posted by paperBprincess
    whats ibs?
    *is stoopid today*

Irritable Bowel syndrome tbh im not sure what foods affect people, but they can suffer bad stomach pains and cramps through it. Can be really painful.