Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
dun dun dun... *que scary music*

So... a bit of a question here... I remember hearing a while ago of this legend thingy about musicians and their early death. It goes something like some dude wanted to be a musician, so one day bla bla bla and some more bla bla bla's and he sold his soul to the devil to be able to play the guitar. He then died at the age of 27, since then there has been a little club of other musicians who have died at that same age. So my question is, does anybody know this story? Like the name of the guy and well... the story behind it all?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    His name was Robert Johnson and he was a Blues musician from around the 1920's.

Basically he wanted to learn to play the blues guitar and learn to write songs. Someone told him that if he was to go to the crossroads at 12am that night and hold his guitar out a big black man would come and take it and tune it for him and then play a little song to him. After that he would be able to play anything.

Check out his name is Google theres a fair bit of stuff on him. Quite an interesting story. I don't think anyone still know's how he died. (Cue music)
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Wasn't that story woven into the plot of O Brother Where Art Thou? or am I thinking of something different?