Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

So scared

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
There is a possibility that I might be pregnant...... and I have thought long and hard about it and made the decision that if i am i will terminate..... i know im going to cop it from the anti-abortion ppl out there but its my body and my choice.....
whether you agree with it or not id still like some advice.

As i still dont know I havent changed my way of like eg. going out and drinking a fair bit on weekends (im 19).

Is it possible that this kind of behaviour can cause complications? Even if im not going to carry to full term........

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    okay im not sure myself but i found these i hope they help

link removed due to unsupported info

http://alcoholism.about.com/cs/preg/

http://alcoholism.about.com/library/weekly/aa030107a.htm

not sure if any of these will help but i hope they do,

sorry if they dont, but i suggest you get a test at the first possible moment you can.
    Just to echo RB get yourself tested ASAP. Like today. You can get pregnancy tests from just about everywhere today. Try your local supermarket.

Once you know for sure either way than and only then can you start planning what to do. No point worrying cause your not 100% sure.

As for drinking, etc... whilst pregnant sure has implications on the unborn child but I'm not sure what if any problems it may cause you. Test first though.

Edited cause I can't spell
    Ok firstly you need to find out if you are pregnant and if you are sure you will have a termination the sooner you find out if you are pregnant the better.
    f you were pregnant and decided to keep the baby then yes there could be complications with the baby as drinking is not good for an unborn baby. If you were to have a termination i dont think it would affect anything and as i say if you are pregnant then its best to have a termination sooner rather than later.
    Its your choice to have a termination and if thats what you think is best for you and the unborn foetus then you go ahead and have a termination. Dont listen to people who say you shouldnt have a termination, you know your lifestyle, you know wether you are ready to have a family and you know which decision is best for you.
    If you are pregnant then before you do say Im deffinately having a termination speak to your doctor or nurse and just make sure that a termination is what you really want and are not having a termination without going through everything.
    For anyone who is anti termination dont have a go at her, she needs help not telling her shes wrong.

Good luck and we are here if you wanna talk about it :)
    Originally posted by BeckyBoo
    For anyone who is anti termination dont have a go at her, she needs help not telling her shes wrong.

Exactly. :yes:

Start a thread in Politics and Debate if you wanna discuss whether abortion is right.

Lil_one how far do you reckon you are gone? You need to get a test ASAP cause if you go too far then termination won't be an option.
    As the others have said, before you start worrying about what if... get a test done so that you know one way or the other. If you are pregnant, the following article will help you...

I'm pregnant - what now?

this article explains the dangers of drinking whilst pregnant

Alcohol and pregnancy

Hope it all works out for the best for you, let us know how you get on.

Love Lu x
    I dont know why that report says women find abortion painful??? I was under general anaesthetic for mine and im pretty sure thats the way they do it over here, so dont be frightened by that.
    ahhh, I see now, that link is an anti abortion website, dressed up to look like medical fact, when in reality its misinformation.
    Originally posted by rainbow brite
    ahhh, I see now, that link is an anti abortion website, dressed up to look like medical fact, when in reality its misinformation.

which is why I have removed that link. Everyone is entitled to their own views, but we want to make sure that our users get correct factual information

Susie :)
    Originally posted by Susie
    which is why I have removed that link. Everyone is entitled to their own views, but we want to make sure that our users get correct factual information

Susie :)

aww your so kind susie :D
    any news for us honey?
    Hey, just to let you know, having an abortion sooner is better than later. When you have them sooner the operation is less complicated, whereas as the foetus gets bigger it becomes more difficult to remove. So if you are going to terminate, it's best you do it as soon as possible; but you should think through all the options as well.
    Just a quick update.... i did a test and it was negative.... so i did another to double check and it was the same. I am goin to see my doc cos there is something not right with me but at least i can rule out pregnancy!

thankyou so much guys
    Originally posted by Lil_one
    Just a quick update.... i did a test and it was negative.... so i did another to double check and it was the same. I am goin to see my doc cos there is something not right with me but at least i can rule out pregnancy!

thankyou so much guys

Yey! hope everything goes ok. *hugs* x