Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Coping with stress?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ok so yeah im sooo mega stressed out!

ive been on school a lot already this year (from sept til now) cos of my being in hosp, hopefully tis all sorted now. Thing is though, ive had corsework piled on me, french, english, chemistry, Biology and RE! ive done my english finally, and NEARLY done my RE. I aso had a french oral and i so fucked up on that it was delayed 2weeks cuz if me being ill etc cos my mum rang school, but i stil couldnt do it when i did, i started crying in the middle of it! :( felt so stupid!! I also have mocks next week and im like gahh!!!!
My mum is acr about it all and says dont worry etc, so that makes me feel better, but my dad is like why u doing this blah blah blah, makes me feel 10000 times worse!

but anyway, my q was, how the fuck do u cope with stress, what sorta things help etc?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Coping with stress, well I chill out by having a nice relaxing bath. I listen to music, sometimes the louder music the better like Bat out of Hell full bast, now thats a relaxer for me :)
    i had bath! :yes: :D anything else?

Thanks Becky and Stressed :)
    Hiya!

Stress is horrible isn't it... we're planning some new articles on all of this but for now here are a few tips from our work-related stress article:

Try to make time for yourself away from work to wind down. For example relaxing in a warm bubble bath, listening to soothing music and shutting out the world for a while.

Take time for your mind and body to relax. Methods can include reading, meditation and yoga.

Take time to exercise. Regular and frequent exercise is a good stress reducer.

Find time to pursue non-work/college activities such as hobbies and recreational activities.

Eat well, skipping meals will deplete your energy and leave you drained.

Talk to your family and friends. Make time to see your mates, it will help you unwind after work and let you unburden any problems.

Take breaks at work. Don't stay glued to the job - take a few minutes to sit back and relax, or take a brisk walk during your break.

Plan your work. Sit down and establish what needs to be done. If you have an excessive workload, prioritize and decide on when your work needs to be completed.

Talk to your tutor/ class teacher at school about how you are feeling. They should be able to help you work out a plan to deal with the work and get extensions where possible. They should also take your circumstances into consideration regarding your mocks. It really is worth having a chat with them about it all, and how you are feeling.

Take care
    Susie :)
    thank u susie :)
    Aww, hugs hun, sounds like you're having a really bad time. Try to keep things in perspective if possible (I know it's easier said than done). At the end of the day, if they're mocks then they're not the most important things in the world, and your teachers/school should understand if you don't do fantastically in them. As Susie said, talk to your teachers, make it clear how hard you're finding it (I had a good cry to my tutor when I was having difficulties due to my arthritis...embarassing but got things rolling!).
    As for coping with stress, really what everyone else has said. I do massage classes, which also involve things like breathing exercises, really useful.
    Take care, and try not to worry, Tates x
    Originally posted by ~*STRESSED*~

How about spending time with some friends as well away from school work if thats possible.

i dont mean to sound cold hearted but surely thats just gonna prolong her stress, like the quicker she finishes her work, the sooner she has time to unwind.

what i'd say is timetable your studying etc, so you do like an hour and a half of coursework and an hour of revision each night. its the quickest way to get through it. also if you think about it, if you get home from school say 4pm, have a cuppa or what not, you'll be done working before eastenders comes on, then you can do all the fun stuff in the evening.

hell i know thats how im gonna cope with the amount of stuff i gotta do!