Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Leave or not?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
I am in 4th year at school and am sitting my Standard Grades in May.

I have to stay on to 5th year anyway until Xmas coz my birthday comes a week after start of year. I think.

I want to do Highers in 5th year anyway. But I was wondering, am I better staying on until 6th year (which im not too keen on) or should I go to college (which I want to do)

I dont want to go to uni ATM though in time I may change my mind.

So what should I do?

(This is kind of inspires by R_B's thread)
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    To be honest, I think you'd have a much better chance of passing your Highers in school than you would at college, mainly because the standard of teaching tends to higher.

I suppose it depends how many Highers you wanna do.

What kind of grades do you think you'll get for your Standard Grades?
    Originally posted by Bri-namite
    What kind of grades do you think you'll get for your Standard Grades?

ATM, 3 1s 3 2s and 2 3s- Those were my expected grades at the end of last year, but the may have changed, I dunno.

I want to sit these highers:

Computing

English

Modern Studies

Business Management
    Originally posted by Jazza Bing
    ATM, 3 1s 3 2s and 2 3s- Those were my expected grades at the end of last year, but the may have changed, I dunno.

Ok, that's basically a bit better than what I got for mine in the end :p

I stayed on till end of 6th Year, got into Uni no probs. Lost count of the amount of mates I've got that went to College to do their Hughers and ended up fucking about/dropping out.

Up to yourself though.
    What did you get for your SG's Bri? What did you do for Highers and what did you do in 6th year?

Im not too sure about Uni ATM though.
    Originally posted by Jazza Bing
    What did you get for your SG's Bri? What did you do for Highers and what did you do in 6th year?

I got 4 2s, 2 3s and a 5.

In 5th Year I did Intermediate 2 French (only did it to fill up the timetable, but I got an A), Higher English (which I failed), Higher Information Systems (C), and Higher Modern Studeis (C).

Then in 6th Year I did Higher English again (B), and Higher French (B).

In my opinion, 5th and 6th Year are so much better than 1st-4th Year. You get treated more like an adult (sometimes :p) and because there's less in the class you get more attention from the teacher. It's also a damn good skive.

Have you spoke to your guidance teacher about it?
    Originally posted by Bri-namite
    Have you spoke to your guidance teacher about it?

No, My old Guidance Teacher left and we got a new one. Shes in charge of alot of things in the school so she doesnt have alot of time. But my old one spoke to us alot.