Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

My first offer

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
I just got an offer from Cardiff! And it's totally achieveable, and Cardiff are my second choice, and WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!! :hyper:

So I reckon there's a 99% chance I'll be off to Uni even if I don't get any other offers! I'm so excited!

Picc.
xxx
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hey, nice one!:thumb:

I got two offers today aswell from Kent and Manchester for Social Anthropology. I have to get BCC and BBB respectively.
    WOOO! Yey.

Well done. I loved getting my offers. Made me feel wanted. tho cant actually remember who my first offer was actually from...
    Yay, well done! :D

And it's early days too, so you're doing well.

This time last year I was getting offers and I was soooo excited...
    I just got an offer from Cardiff! And it's totally achieveable

mm Cardiff...

If you want any info on the place just ask. What course ya applied for?

Bopz
    Originally posted by Tim the Enchanter
    Hey, nice one!:thumb:

I got two offers today aswell from Kent and Manchester for Social Anthropology. I have to get BCC and BBB respectively.

Manchester's the place to be ;). I've a couple of mates there and they love it. All the gigs you can handle too, practically on your doorstep. Me being at Lancaster, I've been down to Manc quite a few times to see bands.
    Originally posted by Zero II
    Manchester's the place to be ;). I've a couple of mates there and they love it. All the gigs you can handle too, practically on your doorstep. Me being at Lancaster, I've been down to Manc quite a few times to see bands.

Yeh Manchester is certainly the best place out of my choices for entertainment I think. But I really like Edinburgh and they offer a really good Anthropolgy course so I'll have to see if they offer me a place.

I'm thinking of doing a post grad course at Central Lancashire though, is Preston good for gigs and so on?
    Yeah, Edinburgh would be good too I'm sure.

Postgrad?! Shit, you're thinking well ahead! No, Preston isn't too good for bands I don't think but it's closer to Manchester and Liverpool than I am so you've got those options. There's quite a good indie club there too called The Warehouse, which I went to when I was in my first year. Good luck man.
    Originally posted by Tim the Enchanter
    Yeh Manchester is certainly the best place out of my choices for entertainment I think. But I really like Edinburgh and they offer a really good Anthropolgy course so I'll have to see if they offer me a place.

I'm thinking of doing a post grad course at Central Lancashire though, is Preston good for gigs and so on?

Manchester is great. :D

Preston isn't too bad for nights out. As for gigs nah not get too many but there's some decent bands that go. Depends what sort of music ya into....the SU there is decent.
    Originally posted by Bopperz
    If you want any info on the place just ask. What course ya applied for?
    Archaeology. I partly applied 'cos I'm quite into the orchestra at Cardiff, I admit.
    I'm quite into the orchestra at Cardiff

There's an orchestra???:confused:
    I dont know anyone doing Archaeology, what grades do you need? Cardiff uni seem to offer low grades for the type of university they are, and if they like you at the interview thay dont even mind if you fall short a little bit.

Bopz
    There's an orchestra???:confused:
    Unless the prospectus lies.
    what grades do you need? Cardiff uni seem to offer low grades for the type of university they are, and if they like you at the interview thay dont even mind if you fall short a little bit.
    I haven't had a letter yet, just the offer on the web site so I don't know if they want me to go to an interview. They asked for 260 UCAS points.
    cardiff is a nice place to live, arguably nicer (definately safer) than manc.
    Well done guys.

Offers are fun, to a point... I remember getting Manchester within 2 weeks, but I had to wait 6 and a half months for Leeds. And rejections are depressing.

Oh, and if you're invited to a departmental open day, rather than a general uni one, they are very useful...
    Originally posted by Zero II
    Yeah, Edinburgh would be good too I'm sure.

I'm a Mancunian (-ish) studying in Edinburgh, how lucky am I? :p;)

Both cities are fab in different ways by the way.

Edinburgh is looking particularly lovely at the moment!
    Oh, and if you're invited to a departmental open day, rather than a general uni one, they are very useful...

yere i never went to any general open days, and the cource specific ones were v.uselfull.

Bopz
    Originally posted by KoolCat
    I'm a Mancunian (-ish) studying in Edinburgh, how lucky am I? :p;)

Both cities are fab in different ways by the way.

Edinburgh is looking particularly lovely at the moment!
    Cool, was paranoid I was missing the time of my life by applying to Edinburgh rather than Salford.
    Liverpool's the way forward...! If you like cheap booze and pretty ladies, liverpool is high up on the list.

Just avoid the odd gunmen or carbomb, and you'll be fine...
    Originally posted by Neil
    Cool, was paranoid I was missing the time of my life by applying to Edinburgh rather than Salford.

no way man! Edinburgh is way cooler than Salford (what would you want to go to a place where you could get shot for :p ) seriously though, my ex is at salford, so i used to spend quite a bit of time there, and i can say in all honesty that edinburgh is far far better!!

:D
    Originally posted by KoolCat
    no way man! Edinburgh is way cooler than Salford (what would you want to go to a place where you could get shot for :p ) seriously though, my ex is at salford, so i used to spend quite a bit of time there, and i can say in all honesty that edinburgh is far far better!!

:D

:yes: Don't go Salford go one of the manc city center uni's if ya coming here. I'd hate living out in Salford....have to visit the place often enough to see my fella as it is. Although Edinburgh is cold...even worse than here :s
    Sorry, I'm going to hijack this thread back.

I got another offer! Bristol want BBC, which is kinda cool. Should be achieveable.

Wow, two offers and I still haven't had an interview. Go me for choosing an unpopular subject! :p
    I quite fancy Manchester Metropolitan next year. BA in English and Creative Writing. Yum. :yum:

That, Leeds; Derby; Huddersfield-maybe-; orrrrrrrrr..Kingston. Kingston looks smashing, though..but it's SOOO far. I want somewhere not too far from Scotland. :(
    Originally posted by piccolo
    Sorry, I'm going to hijack this thread back.

I got another offer! Bristol want BBC, which is kinda cool. Should be achieveable.

Wow, two offers and I still haven't had an interview. Go me for choosing an unpopular subject! :p

I SO wanted to be an archaeologist when I was younger. I think it was Jurassic Park and shit. :p

Good on ya girl. :thumb:
  • littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Originally posted by 1983
    I quite fancy Manchester Metropolitan next year. BA in English and Creative Writing. Yum. :yum:

That, Leeds; Derby; Huddersfield-maybe-; orrrrrrrrr..Kingston. Kingston looks smashing, though..but it's SOOO far. I want somewhere not too far from Scotland. :(

is there nothing you could do in scotland?? no courses appeal to you here??
    Originally posted by littlemissy
    is there nothing you could do in scotland?? no courses appeal to you here??

Strathclyde uni is the only one in Scotland. But they major in Journalism, I want Creative Writing. There's like 20 places there, and there's around 30 people in my class :(
    I SO wanted to be an archaeologist when I was younger. I think it was Jurassic Park and shit. :p
    Yeah paleantology (dinosaurs) could be cool.

Got an offer from Birmingham, also BBC. :D
    Originally posted by Kazbo
    I'd hate living out in Salford....have to visit the place often enough to see my fella as it is.

Castle Irwell student village?

*shudders* :nervous:

You're right, Edinburgh is very cold just now - but it's all looking very pretty :)
    Strathclyde uni is the only one in Scotland. But they major in Journalism, I want Creative Writing. There's like 20 places there, and there's around 30 people in my class :(

the best creative writing course in the UK is at Leeds. tbh.
    Re: My first offer
    I just got an offer from Cardiff! And it's totally achieveable, and Cardiff are my second choice, and WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!! :hyper:

So I reckon there's a 99% chance I'll be off to Uni even if I don't get any other offers! I'm so excited!

Picc.
    xxx

Just had an unconditional offer (did A-levels last summer, taking a gap year but didn't defer entry) to do Law at University of Sheffield. Chamooooooone :-)
    Yeah paleantology (dinosaurs) could be cool.

Got an offer from Birmingham, also BBC. :D

Palaeontology is cool :) (and to be pedantic a part of geology...)

Its a year since i had my interview for the Uni im now attending. Where has that year gone?