Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Tongue Piercing... Info + Opinions.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
2 Things:

Ive seen allot of progs on the telle about piercings gone wrong, especially in tongues. People end up with like, half a black ming tongue and it drops off. Does this happen as often as the telle would get ppl to believe?

And: What are your opinions on tongue piercings?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    lol@the tongue falling off!!

i used to have mine done, had it done for about 4 months...
    it hurt for about 2 days after, then it was ok, the only thing that bothered me was that sometimes when i ate i crunched down on it and itd chip my teeth:(

thats why i took it out (plus i got bored of it!)
    did the hole go? chipped ur teeth? - daint think they went that far on the end of ur tongue :confused:
    Everybody that I know with a tounge piercing has had a chipped tooth, the position of it doesn't really matter much because your tounge moves around alot. I've had mine done for over 2 years now and nothing has gone wrong. There are alot of stories about toungs falling off and the piercing making its way to the tip of your tounge to eventually split it, most of it is all bullshit. The mouth has alot of natural fighting thingies in it so it heals very quickly. I don't really like the piercing that much personally, it really has no point, I don't even realize I have it done most of the time, as most people I know with it for over a few months also say. And it is NOT a man's piercing. If I saw a guy with a pierced tounge I would think gay.
    Well the best place to go and read up about tongue piercing experiences (both good and bad) is BMEzine.
    I don't know of anybody whose had a bad experience with one. I know someone who was going to get one, but her tongue had too many veins to make it easy and safe to pierce. :(

My opinion on tongue piercings. Mmmm! Love 'em! Very sexy! Feel great when kissing, nibbling, and licking. :p

Clara, how can you get bored of it! It's a great little toy to flip around in your mouth when you're bored, and still makes people go "OH!" or "Eww" or "Wow!" :D

my_name I haven't chipped any teeth yet. I was very careful, and very aware of what I was doing with my tongue, and took a lot of care when I first had it. Yes, I did get it trapped between my teeth a few times, but I knew it could happen, and ate/spoke very carefully until I had the final bar sizing. Now I'm used to it I never catch it between my teeth, or bite down on it. Occasionally I'll click it off the back of my teeth by accident, but that's about it.
    As you say, most of the time you don't realise you have it. It becomes a part of you. It's strange to take it out though, which I occasionally do to give it a thorough clean. I definitely notice its abcence.
    Oh, and it's NOT a gay piercing! :mad: You wouldn't be thinking that if my head was burried between your thighs, and my warm, firm, tongue licking, lapping, and pleasuring you. That hard little ball slipping and sliding over, and delving between, your soft folds, then bumping against your sensitive, and aroused, clit. :naughty:

Mr_Wobble ;)
    i was gonna post something similar to be honest..... i been thinking about it for ages! but a friend of mine is trying to get me to go have it done on sat with her when she gets her ears done.... im very tempted but a little put off by how long its gonna take to heal etc esp when i gotta do phone work and stuff sunday night when i go back to work......
    i've have mine done for years now, and all these scare stories are bollocks.

like my_name said, the mouth is a part of the body that heals really fast, and has it's own natural antiseptics, so you'll find that it feels healed in about 4 days. it takes about 2-3 weeks to heal fully.

there are things that can go wrong, most commonly infection, but it's way easier to take care of than a skin piercing (salt solution mouthwash after every meal and before bed) and because the mouth is so naturally well protected you'd be very unlucky to get an infection.

And yeah, i chipped a tooth too, but the chip's at the back of my tooth, so you can't see it. you just have to be more careful than i am until you learn to keep the barbell away from your teeth.

healing is in no way as bad as everyone thinks. it'll be sore and swollen for a few days, you'll probably develop a lovely lisp (much to the delight of all your friends) and you might be on soup and mushy foods for a few days. after a week you probably won't even notice it's there.
    i used to have mine done til about 2weeks ago. it kinda hurts a litle bit when they do it, but is sore for few days after. i had nuffin wrong with it and i know other mates who have had it done and nuffin has gone wrong.
    Originally posted by Mr_Wobble

my_name I haven't chipped any teeth yet. I was very careful, and very aware of what I was doing with my tongue, and took a lot of care when I first had it. Yes, I did get it trapped between my teeth a few times, but I knew it could happen, and ate/spoke very carefully until I had the final bar sizing. Now I'm used to it I never catch it between my teeth, or bite down on it. Occasionally I'll click it off the back of my teeth by accident, but that's about it.
    As you say, most of the time you don't realise you have it. It becomes a part of you. It's strange to take it out though, which I occasionally do to give it a thorough clean. I definitely notice its abcence.
    Oh, and it's NOT a gay piercing! :mad: You wouldn't be thinking that if my head was burried between your thighs, and my warm, firm, tongue licking, lapping, and pleasuring you. That hard little ball slipping and sliding over, and delving between, your soft folds, then bumping against your sensitive, and aroused, clit. :naughty:

Mr_Wobble ;)

Was that really necessary? Why does nearly every post you make have to in some way deal with or describe sexual situations? It is not amusing, it is not needed. It's not a pleasure reading a supposidly innocent post only to find out that you've made one of your discusting dirty nympho comments later on. Save it for the perverts in sex, you really do not need to post things like that all the damn time.
    Originally posted by my_name
    Was that really necessary? Why does nearly every post you make have to in some way deal with or describe sexual situations? It is not amusing, it is not needed. It's not a pleasure reading a supposidly innocent post only to find out that you've made one of your discusting dirty nympho comments later on. Save it for the perverts in sex, you really do not need to post things like that all the damn time.

Indeed.

Well done my girl.
    My piercer knows a lot of scare stories about tongue piercings. And no, they're not just STORIES they are real problems.
    The tongue is a very delicate piece of equipment and shouldn't be quickly dismissed. Things can go VERY wrong with tongue piercings if not pierced correctly, so always go to a reputable piercers, that have the appropriate training and health certificates (usually displayed on the wall).
    Always check that the piercers use autoclaves (A big square metal thing used to sterilize all piercing equipment) and if there isn't one in view, ask to see it. If they don't use one, don't use them, go somewhere else that does. They also shouldn't be using latex gloves as they are prone to causing allergic reactions.
    I'd recommend visiting http://www.markspiercing.com/ and emailing mark for some more information. Mark has answered many of my questions and he knows what he's talking about.

Ilora x
    Originally posted by Ilora-Danon
    My piercer knows a lot of scare stories about tongue piercings. And no, they're not just STORIES they are real problems.
    The tongue is a very delicate piece of equipment and shouldn't be quickly dismissed. Things can go VERY wrong with tongue piercings if not pierced correctly, so always go to a reputable piercers, that have the appropriate training and health certificates (usually displayed on the wall).
    Always check that the piercers use autoclaves (A big square metal thing used to sterilize all piercing equipment) and if there isn't one in view, ask to see it. If they don't use one, don't use them, go somewhere else that does. They also shouldn't be using latex gloves as they are prone to causing allergic reactions.
    I'd recommend visiting http://www.markspiercing.com/ and emailing mark for some more information. Mark has answered many of my questions and he knows what he's talking about.

Ilora x

Woooo! Mark is great. I'd recommend him to anyone. One of my friends has had all 25 of her piercings done there, and never had a problem.

And back on topic, I think tongues on guys can look good-if its the right person.

Just don't get a frenum ladder
    Was that really necessary? Why does nearly every post you make have to in some way deal with or describe sexual situations?
    Well, in this case it's hard to avoid talking and thinking about sex. We're talking about a piercing that's very sexy, and always has sexual connotations. A lot of people will brand people as a "slut" for having one, and it always brings oral sex to mind. :) That pisses off a lot of people who haven't got their tongue pierced for sexual reasons. Other people, such as yourself, will brand blokes with tongue piercings as gay. That pisses blokes off, it pisses me right off, and you've just pissed me right off! It also pisses me off that a remark like yours comes from someone who has their tongue pierced!
    Now, personally, one of my main reasons for getting my tongue pierced was for that something extra sensation when kissing and giving oral sex. I'd rather be called a slut than gay. :p
    Incidentally, have you ever kissed someone with a pierced tongue? Felt the bars and balls rub, click, and slip by each other. It's very erotic! :naughty: And it's a definite enhancement to oral sex. Maybe not as mind blowing as many people think, but a definite enhancement. :naughty:
    Originally posted by Mr_Wobble
    Well, in this case it's hard to avoid talking and thinking about sex. We're talking about a piercing that's very sexy, and always has sexual connotations. A lot of people will brand people as a "slut" for having one, and it always brings oral sex to mind. :) That pisses off a lot of people who haven't got their tongue pierced for sexual reasons. Other people, such as yourself, will brand blokes with tongue piercings as gay. That pisses blokes off, it pisses me right off, and you've just pissed me right off! It also pisses me off that a remark like yours comes from someone who has their tongue pierced!
    Now, personally, one of my main reasons for getting my tongue pierced was for that something extra sensation when kissing and giving oral sex. I'd rather be called a slut than gay. :p
    Incidentally, have you ever kissed someone with a pierced tongue? Felt the bars and balls rub, click, and slip by each other. It's very erotic! :naughty: And it's a definite enhancement to oral sex. Maybe not as mind blowing as many people think, but a definite enhancement. :naughty:

You scare me so much.
    Originally posted by *Lisa*
    You scare me so much.

He's beginning to have the same effect on me.
    Originally posted by Bri-namite
    He's beginning to have the same effect on me.

Its the fact he thinks everyone is as perverted as him and he over uses the :naughty: smiley.
    I told you he was scary! Why do you think I kicked him out of irc? For being a perv! :eek2:

But yes, tongue peircing are cool. It bloody hurts at first, but not for very long :D
    Originally posted by Faith
    I told you he was scary! Why do you think I kicked him out of irc? For being a perv! :eek2:

But yes, tongue peircing are cool. It bloody hurts at first, but not for very long :D
    Oh, so that was you was it!!! Bitch! :mad:
    Well, :p to you then! I thought that was Daisy, then I was told it was Lisa, and now I find out the truth! Hmmph!
    So, that's a :p for Faith, a :p for Lisa, and a spare :p for anybody else who fancies having a go. :D

Mr_Wobble ;)

P.S. :naughty:
    God. I'm not interested if Mr_Wobble is oversexed or not, thanks for info tho.
    Originally posted by Chav
    God. I'm not interested if Mr_Wobble is oversexed or not, thanks for info tho.

LMAO!

I don`t think oversexed is quite the problem somehow. In fact I`d say Mr Wobble needs to go out and get laid, BADLY.

Btw, this is in no way, shape or form an offer.
    look girlys, wobble only talks about sex so much because he probably hasnt had it since the summer of '69

to be honest wobble you need to grow up and stop acting like a fucking pervert all the time, it isnt big and it isnt clever so give it a rest

oh yeah and it dosent make anyone attracted to you, quite the opposite effect actually
    Well, Char_Baby, I haven't had any in over a year now, so unsurprisingly I do think about it quite a bit. :)
    Acting? :D
    And who cares if it makes me attractive or not. This isn't a pick up joint, just somewhere where anyone can contribute their thoughts and opinions.

Mr_Wobble :p
    IMO, he's right - people very rarely get their tongue done PURELY for the aesthetics of it - it MUST have crossed your mind 'oooh... i bet it'll feel different when i do this to someone...'. Their main motivation might not be sexual, but it's damn well there!

And i've not chipped a tooth on mine yet either, though i know people who have - it's quite easy to do if you're not concentrating when you first have it done.
    Originally posted by Sa-ra-ra-ra
    IMO, he's right - people very rarely get their tongue done PURELY for the aesthetics of it - it MUST have crossed your mind 'oooh... i bet it'll feel different when i do this to someone...'. Their main motivation might not be sexual, but it's damn well there!

Whee, I'm rare.
    /pointless reply.
    Originally posted by Smash
    Whee, I'm rare.
    /pointless reply.

rare too, high five!

I got it done when I was 16 PURELY because I wanted a piercing. Sexual thoughts concerning my piercing never even crossed my mind then, and quite honestly, when I think of why I still have it, it has NOTHING to do with that either. The same goes for nearly all my friends that have it done too.
    Originally posted by Sa-ra-ra-ra

And i've not chipped a tooth on mine yet either, though i know people who have - it's quite easy to do if you're not concentrating when you first have it done.
    I must be rare too then :rolleyes:

Ilora x
    Bah! Fibbers! You must've thought of how it could be used for oral sex, and what it would feel like, etc.
    It's like masturbating. Anybody who says they don't is a liar! And anybody who says they haven't had at least one thought aobut tongue piercings and oral sex is lying too! :p:D

Mr_Wobble ;)
    Please don't judge me by your own standards.

It really is quite insulting.
    Not to support Wobble's pervyness, but I thought about getting it done purely for that...