Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

thinking negatively

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ok i dunno if anyone can help me here but here goes..

How do i stop myself from thinking so negatively about things?? and i suppose also taking things so personally i think this is a big part of what makes me but im starting to think that people around me are right i do need to stop thinking this way ?

anyy help/comments most welcome thanks :)

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Re: thinking negatively
    Originally posted by ®
    Ok i dunno if anyone can help me here but here goes..

How do i stop myself from thinking so negatively about things?? and i suppose also taking things so personally i think this is a big part of what makes me but im starting to think that people around me are right i do need to stop thinking this way ?

anyy help/comments most welcome thanks :)

I don't know if I can be of much help, but I guess that I just wanted to say that I know how you feel and know what ya mean because I am the same way, in a lot of ways.

Always thinking negatively and always seeming to take things way too personally when they were not meant to be anything personal.

Maybe someone else can be of better help.
    Hi there

Thinking positively can be a bit of a struggle sometimes, especially at this time of year. Try to remember all the good things in your life and the compliments you have been given when the negative vibes start to seep in.
    This feature onAssertiveness may give you a few pointers.

Talk to close friends about how you feel and see their reactions - they'll probably be really sur[prised at how you feel. If you're not comfortable doing this but still need to talk to someone call an organisation such as Careline - they are trained to help with situations like this and should help you get back on track:

Careline
    Telephone counselling service for children, young people and adults on any issue, including relationships, depression, mental health, child abuse, bullying, rape and sexual assault, domestic violence, addictions, stress etc.
    Telephone: 020 8875 0500
    www.careline.org.uk
    i just think about all the good things in my life. if something happens i try and put it into perspective, rather than it get me down or become too much of a big deal. i also think 'oh well its not the end of the world, i'll get over it' and just shrug it off. then i'll usually forget about it.

i think things happen in cycles. i know that if im having a bad week then things will change soon and it'll be a good week. if you get me! if you just mean about being positive in general then just try and smile, make youself believe you're happy. if you think it enough you will be.

if all else fails i phone my mum and have a good cry. she usually has some wise words for me, and sharing your probs helps so much.
    Originally posted by rachie004
    You have to turn off negative thoughts to provide a good service and succeed.. so do it :p

Yeh im feeling that now :) I'll prob just end up pretending im all cool permanantly whilst actually im really unhappy...or maybe not