Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Can't get a job

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I have been looking for a job since this summer and I have applied for loads and most of the time I never get any replies back and it's really getting me down coz i'm really desperite for a job :(

any advice?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    The majority of places don't advertise for jobs so you could just write a letter & enclose a cv aswell to places where you would like to work to see if they have got anything available.

.:Crispy:.
    Well i have applied to loads of jobs that have been advertised and asked around to see if there are any jobs avaible but nothing. I have a few place to phone up today so fingers crossed.
    Hi there

Don't be disheartened, it can often be hard to get a job, especially when you are young, but keep trying and I'm sure something will turn up. It may also be that the way you fill out application forms/ approach companies for work may need improving a little... try looking at our careers factsheets for more info.

young scot also has advice on job hunting...

Good Luck

Susie :)
    Tried joining an agency?
    Temp agenices are the best places to go. They get comission for putting people in jobs, so they'll get you something!
    how do you get on to a temp agency?

Im at college to so i need something that fits around my days.
    Hiya, It took me well over a year to get a job and when I finally did, I had 3 interviews. Nothing for a year then 3 at once. :| Just keep trying. Dont give up. Make a CV and drop it in to all near by shops. And its coming up to christmas, everywhere will need staff, if you make an impression they might even keep you. Good luck. :)
    The other thing to do is ring up or go into the places that you have applied to and ask about your application and whether it has been processed yet. Don't be pushy, but it shows that your eager.
    But I think that sounds a bit rude or maybe that is just me :confused:
    Up to you. But my old job-they said that was part of the reason they hired me-after I hadnt heard from them for a while I enquired into my application, they said they liked the fact that I was keen.
    Might take up your advice, thanks :D
    After I finished Uni I sent off god knows how many applications and copies of my CV. I then got really poor and decided to do a bit of temping. I walked into one on my highstreet and got a job for the next day. I've been here about a month and they have offered me a full-time thing.

Temping gets you experience and it can lead to full time things.