Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Diet and a stressfull life

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
How is it possible to eat a healthy diet as well as having a stressful life?

I mean the last thing I want to do when I get home from college or whatever is to tuck into some fruit, I always turn to things like chocolate because it makes me feel better in the short term. Also because I feel more stressed at the moment with college work, work, family life etc I find myself eating more and more junk food and this is getting me down because I'm putting on weight. I know all I'm doing is comfort eating but I really want to stop doing this and find alternatives to dealing with stress and my problems.

Does anyone have any advice on what i could do to help me stop eating so much unhealthy food and eat more healthly?

Comments

• Options
    why dont you go to the gym? i go to the gym about 5times a week and i feel so good after it because it releases endorphines into your body which makes you happy. not only that but i can eat chocolate without feeling guilty :)
  • Options
    Well, don't have chocolate, sweets, and easy to pig snacks around the house. Don't have food around that only requires you to open a bag, box, or packet, to be able to start scoffing it. Only have things around that take a few minutes preparation. That way you will have to prepare your food if you want it. Some times you'll find you just can't be arsed, and realise that you're not that hungry after all.
    If you want a choccy bar, then go out for one to the local convenience store, or newsagents. The thought of having to get your coat and shoes on, and go out in the cold, will often put you off going for one.
    Keep fruit, and good stuff, around the house.

Mr_Wobble ;)
  • Options
    Sweets and things are in the house because of my wee brother so that isn't possible not to have them in the house.
    . Only have things around that take a few minutes preparation. That way you will have to prepare your food if you want it. Some times you'll find you just can't be arsed, and realise that you're not that hungry after all.

Thats a good point will try that

I am planning to join the gym with my mate and we are going once a week and also I am ment to be going swimming once a week also with another mate.

Does anyone else have any other suggestions?