Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

So worried about her...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
simple and quick..i don't know what to do anymore i got a close friend who selfharms and she use to do it on her hips but since i talked to her she has decided to start cutting her breast, i dunno what to do anymore..shes got me in tears.im crying soo hard because i cant help her..

please i need advice..i cant help her..i feel so helpless as i care soooo much about her. anything i can do?

:crying::crying:

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Tell her parents.

And stop doing it yourself, you will only influence her as well. Etc.
    1983 - i am stopping myself slowly..(read other thread)

lolliee. she isnt "a worthless self-centered bitch who only cares about herself" shes great kind..cute and funny. helpful and has allways helped me been there for me..one of my cloest friends and i'd die for her. i really would. i will never forget her. shes a star. a great person who i am crying over, because shes causing herself pain. she doesnt need it.shes so great yet shes ruining herself i wish i could stop ehr

:crying:
    Re: So worried about her...
    Originally posted by Rude_boyz
    please i need advice..

You need help for yourself, so for the moment id say try to not have contact with her. You are bringing yourself down further by talking to other self users on this one to one basis. I really feel that this is making you worse and so stop any one to one talks with friends about self harming and keep it to places like this where more people have input.
    She will get help eventually, but that will only be when she has had enough herself and realises she needs help then she will seek professional help, like you should be doing.
    explain to her that if you can do it she can. As in stop. Things like this take time, and she needs help, to do this, like you are gettng from others.

XXX
    Becky..i'm more worryed about her atm..ill be fine i dont care about myself atm..im GREAT.

Im just soooo worried about her..i will not give up tlking ot her on a 1-1basis as shes one of my cloesest friends..and shes a star..i dont care if she Sh but im not giving up on her..NO WAY am i letting her go down..
    i mentioned no names..could be ANYONE
    Im just soooo worried about her..i will not give up tlking ot her on a 1-1basis as shes one of my cloesest friends..and shes a star..i dont care if she Sh but im not giving up on her..NO WAY am i letting her go down.. [/B]

without sounding horrible she knows that you are self harming, she knows you are trying to stop yet she still tells you this stuff ?
    That dont sound good like does it ? Talk as a friend but I still say keep this self harming seperate.
    When you are feeling a bit fed up and people talk all gloom and doom it makes you feel worse doesent it, so if you and your friends decided to stop talking the self harm bits and concentrated more on having normal getting to know you chats and have a few laughs then you will all probably feel better.

thats what i think anyhow :)
    Look i know what u mean but this isnt about me..im FINE i can deal with it trust me..at the moment shes the biggest prioratie.. friends come before me and helping her comes before myself. ill e fine becky..
    Look i know what u mean but this isnt about me..im FINE i can deal with it trust me..

Sorry but you cant deal with it thats why you came here asking for advice. Its bringing you down but you cant see that, yet !!!
    Please be carefull who you trust babe, you know who you are. *Hugs*
    I'd do anything for my friends, if it ment hurting myself emotionly of pysicly to help and see them happy then i would do it. the few friends i have mean alot to me. and i would do anything for these friends. Even if it hurt me
    How can you help her when you cant help yourself? Why dont you both make a promise to each other? Both try n stop for a period of time, say i'll stop for so long if you do etc ?
    the few friends i have mean alot to me.

Im not doubting they do mean a lot to you.

It seems to me as if you will do anything to please your mates just so you can keep them. Sometimes you have to start thinking about yourself and trying to concentrate on your own problems. If you both are having problems then it aint helping neither of you by talking all the time about the self harm etc.
    vicky i have tried telling her that, she didnt listern

Atm i am on top of my problems i havent cut since sat night and i am ok. im more worried about her, she means more and im scared she will do something stupid, i can handle my problems but i cant help but worrying about her:crying: im scared..scared she will do something.
    I dont know her perents i wish i did.

She doesnt listern to me. but im not giving up on her.
    I dont know her perents i wish i did.

She doesnt listern to me. but im not giving up on her.

i doubt she wants you as a friend anymore.
    Originally posted by rockerchick

why u say that
    Originally posted by rockerchick

I was thinking that.
    Ok but why do you say that?
    Put it this way - if i was going to hide a body, and needed someone to help me but keep it quiet it wouldn't be you.
    Thats kinda harsh munchie face!
    He asked for help, and what u said is no help at all!
    I mentionwed no names so it could mean anyone NO ONES name was mentioned,

The only reason i made this thread is because i am concerned for my friend as a CARE about her.

thats one thing which she wont take in..shes stubbon like me. thinks no one cares and no one listerns although they do care and listern?
    I mentionwed no names so it could mean anyone NO ONES name was mentioned,

The only reason i made this thread is because i am concerned for my friend as a CARE about her.

thats one thing which she wont take in..shes stubbon like me. thinks no one cares and no one listerns although they do care and listern?
    I admire you for trying to help but you see how frustrated you are with her, well thats how you make me feel sometimes Rudey. The only way you can help her is if you find a way that you can help yourself.
    look vicky hun, im FINE i havent cut since sat and atm im on top of my problem, ok i may owe it to two really kind people but yeah im on top of my problem

plus shes more important, she matters more than myself.
    look vicky hun, im FINE i havent cut since sat and atm im on top of my problem, ok i may owe it to two really kind people but yeah im on top of my problem

what do you want a violin or a whole orchestra?

Then however they helped you, rub a little onto your friend