Home Student Life & Education
Take part in our next Watch Club on 2nd Feb at 7.30pm. We'll be talking about the film In the Heights! Sign up to take part and receive your free NOW TV pass!
Come and join our Support Circle, every Tuesday, 8 - 9:30pm! Anyone is welcome to join. Sign up here

Entry Requirements?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
OK today I got a letter from UCAS saying I'd got a conditional offer from University of Kent for Social Anthropology.

This is what it said about the entry requirements...

A minimum of 260 UCAS Tariff points
including

GCE A level

Grades BC

Does this mean I only need two A-levels (a B and a C) to get in?! :confused:

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    B is equal to 100 points, C is equal to 80 points so you need to find another 80 points from somewhere.
    Originally posted by Ynox
    B is equal to 100 points, C is equal to 80 points so you need to find another 80 points from somewhere.

Could it have just been a typing error that should have said "BCC"? I don't think I'm meant to take my AS level grades into consideration am I?
    Your AS Level grades give you points that go towards final A Levels but if you did say Chemistry AS and then carried it on to A2, you can only count total A Level grade - not the AS too.

260 points is BCC so I'd go with that - but as always, if you're not sure then just call the university, write or email them. I did that when I got one of my offers asking me to get an A in A Level Law when I didn't even do law! So they aren't completely infallible...
    Oh its all changed since my day, I got into university with all of 4 points, which was a lot then.
    Originally posted by bongbudda
    Oh its all changed since my day, I got into university with all of 4 points, which was a lot then.

Lol I needed 28 :D
    Well, maybe the four I got wasnt that many points, but, well it did me alright.

I'm quite proud of my D, N and U!!!
    Originally posted by bongbudda
    Well, maybe the four I got wasnt that many points, but, well it did me alright.

I'm quite proud of my D, N and U!!!

lol my bro got C, E, N and U he was proud of them as well....still doesn't beat my 12/150 for one of my maths papers :D
    Well a U means its totaly ungrade-able, because its so poor!

But then I went on to be top of my entire uni in my HND then get a 2.1 the next year, so you can do well with shit a-level results.
    Indeed ya can. Someone give me some motivation to work at my course please? I want a week off lol!
    ive got 2 u's in my AS exams :( (media studies cos i missed the questions on the back of the paper :-\ and r.s cos...it was wank)

i think i need 240 points...pah

if all else fails, i could do estate agency - you only need 60 points.

somehow, criminology and social policy appeals to me a bit more....:p
    Another Quick question

I am planning to do a Business degree, likely as a joint-honours maybe with Accountancy or Law?
    I think the joint hournour system is a good idea, but they take the highest entry requiremnt from the two.

IE:
    At UKC Business Admin is BBC (280), Law is ABB (320), so Business Admin with Law is ABB (320)

I think i am on my way for a ACC(280), but Business is by far my strongest subject (esp Finance even though I only managed a C at GCSE Maths and didnt take the A-level).

I have heard of friends being accepted onto courses such as Geography with complete failure at A-level, but business is a very popular course for students to take, so from the above information, would you think that it will be likely I would be accepted under a joint honour system?

The best thing to do is try, as im sure I will, i'd just like opinions of people who have already passed this hurdle'
    Well I got onto my business HND with my grades, but maybe that was because my uni was totaly crap.