Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Entry Requirements?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
OK today I got a letter from UCAS saying I'd got a conditional offer from University of Kent for Social Anthropology.

This is what it said about the entry requirements...

A minimum of 260 UCAS Tariff points
including

GCE A level

Grades BC

Does this mean I only need two A-levels (a B and a C) to get in?! :confused:
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    B is equal to 100 points, C is equal to 80 points so you need to find another 80 points from somewhere.
    Originally posted by Ynox
    B is equal to 100 points, C is equal to 80 points so you need to find another 80 points from somewhere.

Could it have just been a typing error that should have said "BCC"? I don't think I'm meant to take my AS level grades into consideration am I?
    Your AS Level grades give you points that go towards final A Levels but if you did say Chemistry AS and then carried it on to A2, you can only count total A Level grade - not the AS too.

260 points is BCC so I'd go with that - but as always, if you're not sure then just call the university, write or email them. I did that when I got one of my offers asking me to get an A in A Level Law when I didn't even do law! So they aren't completely infallible...
    Oh its all changed since my day, I got into university with all of 4 points, which was a lot then.
    Originally posted by bongbudda
    Oh its all changed since my day, I got into university with all of 4 points, which was a lot then.

Lol I needed 28 :D
    Well, maybe the four I got wasnt that many points, but, well it did me alright.

I'm quite proud of my D, N and U!!!
    Originally posted by bongbudda
    Well, maybe the four I got wasnt that many points, but, well it did me alright.

I'm quite proud of my D, N and U!!!

lol my bro got C, E, N and U he was proud of them as well....still doesn't beat my 12/150 for one of my maths papers :D
    Well a U means its totaly ungrade-able, because its so poor!

But then I went on to be top of my entire uni in my HND then get a 2.1 the next year, so you can do well with shit a-level results.
    Indeed ya can. Someone give me some motivation to work at my course please? I want a week off lol!
    ive got 2 u's in my AS exams :( (media studies cos i missed the questions on the back of the paper :-\ and r.s cos...it was wank)

i think i need 240 points...pah

if all else fails, i could do estate agency - you only need 60 points.

somehow, criminology and social policy appeals to me a bit more....:p
    Another Quick question

I am planning to do a Business degree, likely as a joint-honours maybe with Accountancy or Law?
    I think the joint hournour system is a good idea, but they take the highest entry requiremnt from the two.

IE:
    At UKC Business Admin is BBC (280), Law is ABB (320), so Business Admin with Law is ABB (320)

I think i am on my way for a ACC(280), but Business is by far my strongest subject (esp Finance even though I only managed a C at GCSE Maths and didnt take the A-level).

I have heard of friends being accepted onto courses such as Geography with complete failure at A-level, but business is a very popular course for students to take, so from the above information, would you think that it will be likely I would be accepted under a joint honour system?

The best thing to do is try, as im sure I will, i'd just like opinions of people who have already passed this hurdle'
    Well I got onto my business HND with my grades, but maybe that was because my uni was totaly crap.