Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Leeds v Man U

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
What is everyones thoughts and views on the game last night??

I believe Leeds deserved more out of the game after dominating all the first half and the second up and till they scored. Then Leeds were playing too deep and trying to defend the lead instead of taking it to Man U and trying to extend their lead even more. This allowed Man U to start playing football and they got back into the game. Once Man U scored the equaliser they were the only team that looked like winning.

Leeds held on till full-time and then in extra time had a good penalty claim turned down and then Man U went straight up the other end and scored, typical of Leeds luck at the moment. Then Leeds picked it up again now they were chasing the game and deserved the equaliser and it was a game destined for another penalty shoot-out in front of the kop. Not to be, once again they sat back and tried to defend till the end and got punished again.

I know from playing that it is natural instinct just to sit back and try and defend the lead in a close game but IMO this has lost the game for them when really they could have being out right winners.

Good game with a good atmosphere and Godscop we will see your team there next year in the premiership :) Well, if we carry on playing like I've seen both games against Man U it is inevitable we will pick points up against lesser opponents.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Provided that the team motivates itself in the same way. I sometimes wonder if Leeds only really get themselves going to the United games... but then I don't watch them week in, week out...

Oh, and yes I would have given a penalty.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Man Of Kent
    Provided that the team motivates itself in the same way. I sometimes wonder if Leeds only really get themselves going to the United games... but then I don't watch them week in, week out...

Oh, and yes I would have given a penalty.
    You could have a point MoK as it is a big derby but half the team at the moment won't realise how big a derby it is.

I think the problem is the players who were there a couple of seasons ago when we were right up there at the top still think they can stroll through games and win and that is not the case, we need to put that kind of effort in against the lesser clubs aswell now otherwise we will go down this season.
  • Options
    Leeds always try harder against us than they they do normally, its always been like that. Its your cup final, players and fans alike.

I thought the game was the best I've seen this season, but I can't say anything else about it, I was a bit pissed.

The atmosphere on telly seemed very poor from the Leeds scum, except when you scored. That "Leeds Leeds Leeds Leeds Leeds" is very tiresome as is "stand up if you hate manu". Boring.

Don't get to excited about staying up, what you saw last night was the very best the team can offer.
  • Options
    Originally posted by godscop
    Leeds always try harder against us than they they do normally, its always been like that. Its your cup final, players and fans alike.

I thought the game was the best I've seen this season, but I can't say anything else about it, I was a bit pissed.

The atmosphere on telly seemed very poor from the Leeds scum, except when you scored. That "Leeds Leeds Leeds Leeds Leeds" is very tiresome as is "stand up if you hate manu". Boring.

Don't get to excited about staying up, what you saw last night was the very best the team can offer.
    The atmosphere was excellent so the tv can't have done it justice.

You have to make bullshit comments all the time for no reason.

Chants I can remember (so if this makes you remember and realise your comments are bullshit). these are a few off the top of my head I can remember. By the way there was next to no chanting from the man united scumbags.

1) If Neville plays for England so can I, If Neville plays for England so can I. If Neville plays for England, Neville plays for England, If Neville plays for England so can I.

2) Rio for Re-hab *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* (repeated)

3) Rio is a smack head, Rio is a smack head la la la la

4) (directed to Forlan) Wheres your caravan, wheres ya caravan.

5) Marching on together .......

6) Super, Super Leeds, super super Leeds, super super Leeds, Super Leeds united.

7) YOUR SCUM AND YOU KNOW YOU ARE

8) Stand up if you hate Man U

9) Same old Man U, always cheating.

10) Who's that skidding on the runway, whos that skidding on the ice, its Matt busby and the boys making all the f*cking noise ......... :) (yes, I heard it this time and didn't join in)

11) We are Leeds, we are Leeds, we are Leeds.

12) 1/2 your fans are cockney b*stards.

And there was many more but can't think at the moment. As for the Manchester scum they we all very quiet with the odd chant of Champions, champions, champions. WOAAH chill out with the chanting lads your overdoing it a bit in the scum corner. 1/2 mancunian, 1/2 cockney tw*ts.
  • Options
    Just to add- You said in another thread you can give credit where credit is due. I don't think you can Godscop your a mancunian scum bag who's never played football in his life but thinks he knows all about it and is blind of anything that doesn't involve Man U and all there glory supporting fans.

If I was a Man U scum fan, I would have come on here today and said. "Leeds played well and deserved something out of the game, but we got it in the end and that is all that matters" but you can't do that because your a Man U bummer.

I praised Man U the other day for the game against Rangers because they did well, not because I like them, because I like the game of Football on the whole and can see when a team OTHER than my own does well.
  • Options
    :lol::lol::lol:
    TV rarely does do it justice, I was just saying what it sounded like, having heard from a couple of people who went Leeds scum were quite loud, with their 3 songs anyway. However United fans were much louder, everyone knows we've got the best away support in the country.
    As for the Manchester scum they we all very quiet with the odd chant of Champions, champions, champions. WOAAH chill out with the chanting lads your overdoing it a bit in the scum corner. 1/2 mancunian, 1/2 cockney tw*ts.

So we're Manchester scum and we're cockney twats? Wanker!

Why don't you just call me a Munich bastard and get it over with, you know you want to.

Two victorys in ten days on their own turf, it doesn't get much better than this. :lol:
  • Options
    So we're Manchester scum and we're cockney twats? Wanker!
    I said 1/2 Manchester, 1/2 cockney twats. So know I didn't say the above quote. I would talk slower and louder to you so you could understand but it is a bit hard over t'internet.

I meant (read it slow and loud and you might grasp what i'm saying, i'll do it in capitals to make it easy). HALF YOUR FANS ARE MANCHESTER TW*TS, *slow down a bit more if its getting a bit on top* AND HALF YOUR FANS ARE COCKNEY TW*TS. If you didn't understand this time I suggest you just keep reading it over and over again, slowing down each time until you say it slow enough for you to understand ;)
    Two victorys in ten days on their own turf, it doesn't get much better than this.
    That all you got, that doesn't bother me because I know, you know and everyone knows that Man U at present are a better side than Leeds and if Leeds won it would be an upset for Man U. I'm not afraid to say stuff like that because I know my football and although I'm a Leeds fan I can see past the eyes of my club and don't bum it to death like you do Man U.

Chants "Stand up if you BUM Man U"
    *Godscop stands to attention* :D
  • Options
    Chants "Stand up if you BUM Man U"

Did you make that up all by yourslelf? Fuck me these dingles are clever.

All this stuff about cockneys is bullshit, besides your not from Leeds are you?
  • Options
    Did you make that up all by yourslelf? Fuck me these dingles are clever.

All this stuff about cockneys is bullshit, besides your not from Leeds are you?
    :lol: Yes, all by myself.

I'm from near Leeds. I live at the moment probably smack bang in the middle of Leeds and Huddersfield. Probably slightly nearer Leeds. It takes me about 15mins to get to Elland road. My dad lived in Leeds all of his youth and bought me a season ticket for about 7yrs when I was younger so I am Leeds through and through.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Lickalotapuss
    I'm from near Leeds. I live at the moment probably smack bang in the middle of Leeds and Huddersfield.

I thought you posted something about your mates being Huddersfield fans. :)

This cockney rubbish is very old, theres a study somewhere showing where United season ticket holders are from, I'm sure I can find the link somewhere.

What do you think about that **** Smith throwing a bottle at a female dingle? Goes to show sometimes he can hit the target.
  • Options
    I thought you posted something about your mates being Huddersfield fans.
    I did. Not all my mates but a few of them. I play football and hang around with lads who live just outside huddersfield who have being brought up with huddersfield all there life, hence them being huddersfield fans.
    What do you think about that **** Smith throwing a bottle at a female dingle? Goes to show sometimes he can hit the target.
    Looks like Mr.Godscop has being putting in a few extra hours in at comedian college because damn your funny :D Did you or teacher think of that?

Seriously though, it was stupid thing to do and I said straight away he'll get fucked for that. The knob that threw it has a shit shot because with a target like nevilles ugly mug how can you miss. It hit smithy's shin and he lost it for a split second and just chucked it back.
  • Options
    Seriously though, it was stupid thing to do and I said straight away he'll get fucked for that. The knob that threw it has a shit shot because with a target like nevilles ugly mug how can you miss. It hit smithy's shin and he lost it for a split second and just chucked it back.

I didn't notice at the time, only found out this morning. Smith is a bit daft sometimes.
  • Options
    I didn't notice at the time, only found out this morning. Smith is a bit daft sometimes.
    Always has being, even when he was young. I've played against him before at youth level and he was a talent then but a right dirty b*stard. I saw him do it straight away and my bird said it clonked a lass on the head.
  • Options
    Whenever I've watched him play I've thought that, hes always kicking, pulling other players.

I wonder what would have happened if Phil Neville had hit a fan instead of the advertisement boards?
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    The atmosphere was excellent so the tv can't have done it justice.

You have to make bullshit comments all the time for no reason.

Chants I can remember (so if this makes you remember and realise your comments are bullshit). these are a few off the top of my head I can remember. By the way there was next to no chanting from the man united scumbags.

1) If Neville plays for England so can I, If Neville plays for England so can I. If Neville plays for England, Neville plays for England, If Neville plays for England so can I.

2) Rio for Re-hab *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* (repeated)

3) Rio is a smack head, Rio is a smack head la la la la

4) (directed to Forlan) Wheres your caravan, wheres ya caravan.

5) Marching on together .......

6) Super, Super Leeds, super super Leeds, super super Leeds, Super Leeds united.

7) YOUR SCUM AND YOU KNOW YOU ARE

8) Stand up if you hate Man U

9) Same old Man U, always cheating.

10) Who's that skidding on the runway, whos that skidding on the ice, its Matt busby and the boys making all the f*cking noise ......... :) (yes, I heard it this time and didn't join in)

11) We are Leeds, we are Leeds, we are Leeds.

12) 1/2 your fans are cockney b*stards.

13) "Gary Neville shags his brother, and his sister and his mother, all the Neville's shag each other dirty Man U bastards"
  • Options
    Originally posted by JsT
    13) "Gary Neville shags his brother, and his sister and his mother, all the Neville's shag each other dirty Man U bastards"
    :thumb: Yes that aswell :lol:
  • Options
    Originally posted by JsT

What tune is that to? I think you've excelled yourselves there, I'm suprised you managed to get that many words out without resorting to that foot and mouth lairds lairds lairds lairds rage.
  • Options
    What tune is that to? I think you've excelled yourselves there, I'm suprised you managed to get that many words out without resorting to that foot and mouth lairds lairds lairds lairds rage.
    I'm singing it to myself but can't think what tune it is.
  • Options
    Pah! We at AFC Wimbledon are the kings of chanting.

Look at this (very old now) beauty sang at opposition fans- especially if they are from a shitty area:

"We are Wombles
    we are Wombles
    super Wombles
    from the Lane.

We are Wombles
    super Wombles
    we are wombles
    we drink champagne.

We drink champagne
    we snort cocaine
    we've got ladies
    over here.

You've got shit jobs
    you shag your dog
    and your wife is
    on the game."

Repeat ad nauseam.
  • Options
    Go leeds go go go leeds!

14) "He gets the ball and scores a goal Alan Alan Smith"

:p
  • Options
    "Leeds are goin down and they're goin fuckin bust"
  • Options
    and hopefully Alex Ferguson will die of alcohol poisoning
  • Options

:lol:

"If you follow leeds united then you must be fuckin scum"
  • Options
    :lol:

Think exactly the same about Man U fans.
  • Options
    Don't you guys ever get bored with this?

It's one thing to have the rivalry, but most of this thread has been really petty...
  • Options
    Originally posted by Man Of Kent
    Don't you guys ever get bored with this?

It's one thing to have the rivalry, but most of this thread has been really petty...
    I get bored of Godscop and I agree most of the thread has being pretty petty. Without looking back through the thread myself I would guess the pettiness started with Godscop as I think at the start I wrote a bit of a report on the game and asked for the views of others and Godscop cam back with some shite that pissed me off. Wait I'm going to go back through the thread now.
    This is the kind of comment that pisses me off when all I was doing is discussing the game.
    Where did that come from and what was the point. And yes I know I replied with something equally as sad but he just pisses me off with this kind of comment. AND THEN
    I agree with you MoK and I know I should really ignore him but he does piss me off with his comments.
  • Options
    This thread was brought back up by someone, I just posted a song thats been sung a few times in recent games.

Can you see a difference between these two quotes?
  • Options
    This thread was brought back up by someone, I just posted a song thats been sung a few times in recent games.

Can you see a difference between these two quotes?
    My apologies this time, I didn't know it was a chant and thought it was just another one of your mindless shitty arse comments.
  • Options
    My apologies this time, I didn't know it was a chant and thought it was just another one of your mindless shitty arse comments.

Shitty arse maybe, never mindless. :)