Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Stress

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
So last year I could blame everything on my zillions of conditions. I mean if anything was wrong it was due to my health being out of control or whatever.
Stress was kind of natural since I was struggling with a new school system, and strong medications at the same time.

But this year my health has improved. I mean, I still have my zillion and one conditions and diseases and sicknesses and what not, and still see at least 3-4 different doctors on a regular basis, but things have kind of improved.
Yet, I am finding it hard to cope. My medication isn't that strong anymore, I don't haver any after school job, yet I manage to fuck up my scheduling, ending up with shits of homework, plans with friends and doctors appointments. And they all clash together.

It's affecting me physically. My back is all "knotty" and tight. Feeling tense all the time, even if I am just watching tv or trying to fall asleep in bed. And my patience is non-present.

It's easy to distract myself for a little while, but it all returns. And all I need is a breath of relieve and release, yet it seems impossible.

In what ways can stress be gotten rid of?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Take a curtain amont of time each day to sit in silence and relax..your meds might not be as as strong as you body might be use to them..i know my mams arnt as strong as they use to be...but meditaed listern to soothing music and relax...get a regular massage or something for ya back

Best of luck..sorry i wasnt much help

Take care...and hope it soon sorts it out..

Also try getting of thesite..do your work and stuff...:)good luck and god bless ya...
    You just gota relax hun, (hard i know) Try and plan your day, go out and do things you enjoy,and most importantly dont let people bring u down.

Good luck. xxx
    Make time for you. It's the hardest thing in the world to do - you strike me as someone who will always put work and friends above herself - but if you can do it it's really good.

Perhaps do something like yoga, which will physically relax your muscles. Or listen to some music. There's some theory that boroque music is really relaxing (Bach / Handel / Vivaldi), give it a go.

The only final thing that people have said to me in the past is aromatherapy. Invest in an oil burner and some lavender oil and just relax for a bit.

If you have a faith, perhaps try praying. Or if not write things down in a diary, just ot let go.

Take care,
    Picc.
    xxx
    It's great that things are looking more posiutive for you than they were, but sometimes everything can be going great and we still feel like things are getting on top of us and we can't cope. Everyone has a different way of dealing with this - like the others have said, exercise can help alot by giving you energy, making your body stronger to fight off infection, and making your moods better, too. Others find that general organisatiobn, like writing lists and crossing things off once they are done, helps to centre the mind and stop it from stressing out too much. Try to look at the things you are stressing about the most and then think about how you can change your life to ease those things. Take a look at our feature on anxiety and stress for a general understanding of the way you are feeling.
    You could also contact an organisation such as Careline (below) to talk your problems through in confidence:

Careline
    Telephone counselling service for children, young people and adults on any issue, including relationships, depression, mental health, child abuse, bullying, rape and sexual assault, domestic violence, addictions, stress etc.
    Telephone: 020 8875 0500
    www.careline.org.uk

:)
    Thanks for the replies guys.
    Originally posted by Rude_boyz
    Take a curtain

Why would a curtain help her? lmao sorry but that made me laugh.
    I know i am not one to speak but...:lol::D .
    Tweety he meant certain.....I think :)
    Originally posted by BeckyBoo
    Tweety he meant certain.....I think :)

I know what he meant, it just tickled me. I have the giggles now. Simple things...
    When your feeling really stressed and tense try taking a nice relaxing bath, then listen to some relaxing music.
    Have you ever listened to the sounds of the Pan Pipes, they are so relaxing. If you lie down alone, close your eyes and just listen to pan pipes they are very good at making people feel calm. Its such a relaxing/calming music. You might be sat there now thinking what the hells she on about now but you try what I said and I think you might be pleasantly suprised (and do let me know if you tried it) :)
    Originally posted by Tweety
    I know what he meant, it just tickled me. I have the giggles now. Simple things...

*hides in shame*

How is it going..has it been better lately..keep us upto date..im interested in how this will work out..:) good luck...you can overcome it..
    Originally posted by Rude_boyz
    *hides in shame*

How is it going..has it been better lately..keep us upto date..im interested in how this will work out..:) good luck...you can overcome it..

Right before I made this post I started the list thing and crossing out which spanner mentioned. It has helped me a bit.
    Plus i got some big assignments out of the way. Which means more sleep, and less pressure.

Now, my mom took me to an alternative health doctor yesterday who meassured up my need of vitamins and she gave me a whole load of vitamins to take. About 20-25 a day. Some of them were to reduce stress. Others were for my other health problems. She said I'd probably start feeling a difference within 8 days if I take the pills correctly.

Exercise was mentioned. Which I already do. Go to the gym twice a week. On a quiet one three times, which is my ideal. Plus i have two hours of gym a week in school. Gym helps getting tension out of the body for the day. But doesn't really have a long term effect.

Was thinking that maybe changing my diet would help. Thinking about going vegetarian. At least want to start cutting down meat, so I only eat chicken and fish. And then later (some years) cut those away too.
    I eat pretty healthily. Due to Diabetes my diet is as an ideal one should be. But my weight is increasing a bit due to my fat turning into muscles. My body is functioning better, and is more toned, but I just want to go down in weight as well.

So will probably try that in the new year.
    Nice 1 Jacq :)

You seem to be a lot happier with yourself now.

Did you try the pan pipes thing ? im gonna nag you till you tell me yes :p
    you sound alot happyer well done..:) and good luck with it all in the future
    Haven't tried the pan pipe thingy.
    Will need to find some cheap cd with that I guess. Not going to spend good money on some cd which I don't know if I'll like, when I can be buiying other cd's with stuff I am dying to get.

Thanks.