Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

If You Knew Then What You Know Now...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Would you have started taking drugs?

I don't think I would. I love it & don't think I'll stop for a while, but I would never recommend taking drugs to those who haven't. Because although you may not become physically addicted you will always want more.

Look at cigarettes, how many people do you know who smoke that don't want to stop. I don't think I know any!

It seems a bit different with recs. Most people I know who do them don't want to stop. I don't want to stop, but if I had a chance to go back to a time before I tried drugs, I don't think I would try them and would rather live in ignorance.

What do you think?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    When i come to think about it..to someone who hasn't tried drugs, i think it depends on what drugs...with tobacco i wouldn't advise anyone to start smoking, it's a pointless drug that dosen't do anything except the social feeling whenever people are drunk.

But with regards to illegal drugs like cannabis i don't see the problem in it all.
    knowing what i know now ...i'd have missed out on the class A's.
    cannabis and alcohol i love and after 35yrs of using them both i'm amazingly fit and healthy thankyou ...slightly mad but healthy.
    Hmm good question.

personally and this may sound pathetic, but ive found that i can really connect with people on a different level when im on pills. I turned into a happier person because i had something to enjoy every few weeks. Gettin cybered up and meeting new people wouldnt be possible without the aid of pills and i know thats very weak minded of me but i feel that if i never did pills i would of ended up like a sad hackett* wearing beer monster that went to the same cheesy club every week and that wouldn't have been worth ignorance.

*sorry no offence if ya like wearing hackett, just personally dont like that lifestyle :no:
    Hmm i dont think id do them, or maybe i would i have no idea!

I have friends who have gone raving with me and asked me to give them pills for the first time, i advised them all against it, but at the end of the day its there choice so after giving them the first timer talk that most people get-i did give them some. (rather i gave them my tested pills then they bought off a stranger ) so i guess im not all that against it.

I dont regret any of the drugs ive done, even coke because i have had some great times, and its got me through some bad times.
    Drugs? Thats a broad term.

I dont think I would have used things in the way I did if I knew then what I know now. Thats why I try and educate some of you about doing stupid things. But no I certainly dont regret trying them, I've done some stupid things, like 5 tabs of cid on a come down, but, its certainly come out as a plus in the end.

I probably wouldnt do Salvia though, nasty thing that is.
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    I have no regrets

...not even DMT which I didn't really enjoy but it definately taught me that your there is no limit to what your mind can visualise.
    Weekender Offender 
    Ahhh, there really isnt anything for putting you in your place like dmt, well perhaps 5-meo-dmt.
    I would still take Es and Coke. But wouldn't have gone near heroin. Been clean for 6 months now though, wouldn't go near the stuff ever again. Still do Es and coke.
    I wouldnt do anything different. I feel, in myself, im a much better, happier and nicer person, since taking drugs. They have made me way more laid back, tolerant and friendrly. They have been a real eye opener and id probably be a fat stuck up cow if I hadnt of started taking them :D
    I think I would have still taken them but not in the bad way that I did, and I wouldnt do them every day. Id probably just stick to weekends and a more normal way of taking it.