Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Mushies

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I went to Amsterdam with my girlfriend last month having been there a couple of times before, about a week before going she said to me that she wanted to try them. We only really ever have E's, coke and weed so I thought i'd give it a go.

I'd never fancied them so maybe I was apprehensive but she was all for it. In a smart shop, she spots them and we ask the girl in there about them. She was good, telling us how long they last and which one's were the best for us. She said to get a bag each, they were dried and from some South American country, I can't remember which. She told us that it is easy to get out of it if you didn't like it by drinking orange juice so I got a couple of litres in.

We decided to take them in the hotel room, at about 6pm, on an empty stomach like she told us to. I managed though to persuade her to have half a bag each even though the assistant said that only half a bag would leave us "wanting more, and feeling frustrated". After about half an hour they started kicking in and it was good, pissing ourselves laughing etc. Then it just got too much and we weren't capable of doing anything, i.e. walk, talk to each other, touch each other or even look at each other. I left saying anything until she said that she 'wanted out' too so we rushed for the oj but even then it took hours to regain any semblance of reality. We got out for about half eleven but couldn't do the whole night.

I was wondering whether we just had too strong mushies or is it just not for me? It seems like a more personal drug where you experience 1 thing whilst the other experiences different things. I couldn't imagine being out on the street on them, especially in Amsterdam with all those canals.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    The orange juice idea is total and absolute rubbish, you will not stop a trip with that, at ALL. In fact its nigh on impossible to stop a trip when its going, there is a drug that will stop acid in its tracks but its so stupidly rare I'd be surprised if even hospitals could lay their hands on it.

As for mushies, it does sound like you just had too much, they can be very strong. A lot of people dont treat them with respect but they can easily get on top of you if you do too many.
    There is also the problem with dose as each mushroom is quite different in the amount it has in it. So its almost better to make a tea, so that the active ingredient is in that, in this way you can then drink 1/2, 1/4 or whatever of the liquid and dose more acurately.

I know what you mean about it being sometimes quite a personal drug, as with any strong trip getting close to someone can be hard. However I personaly would say that mushies can be an excellent bonding experience if taken in slightly smaller doses, in fact I've had a couple of trips that helped me feel a really spiritual bond to my mrs.

I would say, dont give up, just treat them with respect and dont do too many.
    Originally posted by bongbudda
    The orange juice idea is total and absolute rubbish,

I agree, but i can see where the woman in the shop came from. My friends and i have heard and read many rumours about orange juice and drugs. After a rave, when were still slightly buzzing we all drink OJ to quicken the come down so were not walking around like buzzing rats-and can just sit at home, stop buzzing and mong.

Similarly when weve dropped a pill, or snorted some coke we drink orange juice to speed it up. Where this works or not, im not convinced but do it anyway just in case.

Ive read that its a catalyst and speeds up the way drugs react with your body... I take it with a pinch of salt, but still drink my oj to come up or down.

For some people, shrooms just arent a drug that they are suited to. I think it is a personal thing. Just like all drugs, and while some people love a drug, many others will hate it because it doesnt suit them.

Try some mushies (if youre still interested) from over here. I have mates that have taken mushies grown here, or taken mushies they have grown themselves in a jar and had great times, but as soon as theyve had any from the dam theyve fucked up, and sworn never to touch them again.

Ive never felt much of an effect off them myself.
    Well when your talking about MDMA and amphetamine there is some truth in it, because of the vitamin C. This as I've said before makes your system more acidic and helps your body flush them out quicker. They wont really make any difference on the come up as far as I know. I think grapefruit would be better for that, there is an enzime in that which helps with some drugs especialy the research chemicals.
    So its not all drugs then? I heard it was pretty much all drugs but there are a lot of myths out there.

I used to think it would only speed up a come down, until recently when i had a few lines of coke and it didnt bring me straight back down at all, and i was buzzing more than usual off the coke (it may have something to do with the fact that it was off a different guy and i hadnt done ti in a while). Same has happened with some friends when dropping pills, so we think there may be some truth in it. i dont know.

I think, Andy Booth that you should never start any mroe drugs than youre alreayd doing, but if you feel like giving it one mroe go, dont do it in the dam, you might have a better time.
    i really do have computer dyslexia today! :rolleyes:
    Well I really dont see how the vitamin C would make any difference when snorting coke, seeing as with that route it goes straight into your blood stream. There could be some what that the vitamin C helps the cocaine cross over the brain/blood barrier but I would highly doubt this.
    Well i dont know if it had any affect, all i know is that the time i drank orange juice i had a good buzz, but as i said it could be due to a variety of more feasible reasons.
    Cheers for that, we should have had an idea of their strength as we'd had a nibble each on the friday night after coming back from a club. I saw Arkwright from Open all Hours taking massive lumps of cheese out of a wall and putting them on a conveyer belt, which as you can imagine was quite bizarre!

I too wasn't sure about the oj but when the girl in the shop told me I took it as gospel and even if it didn't really help maybe just in me head it worked. I tell you what did snap us out though, a couple of lines when it was physically possible, at about 10pm.

I'm glad I didn't follow all her instructions and take a full bag each though. Don't think we'd have made the plane on monday. I may try it again but defo not in the Dam.

Thanks again.
    To be honest I never really had a crazy visual trip where I saw a yeti or thought I was a hula hoop, but I've never taken just maggies.

I usually end up takin pills, speed, maggies then drinkin a bottle of vodka and smokin a half ounce mix with the boys... just fucks me up so i ont really trip out mega

i've had a time where everything was one colour, and my bong was a bit off shape once but still, nothing that extreme.

I've got acid coming soon though so I'll let ya know;)

How ya doing bong budda? I been dormant for a while ;)
    Alright actualy mate, I've got a fucking job though! Which is a bit drastic really.

As for you doing cid, I wouldnt expect it to be really visual, unless you do a lot. For me mushies are far more visual, you have to do a lot of cid to really to get the visuals most people expect.

How are you doing? What type of cid you getting?
    Lil-minx; I did a bit of research for you and I've found a source about grapefruit juice that I mentioned. It appears that it does have an enzime that can help the body absorb a few different drugs, making them stronger in some cases.

Basicaly its opiates and benzos, plus a couple of things I'm pretty sure you wont come into contact with.

Heres the link;

http://www.globalrph.com/gfruit.htm
    Hi Andy,

My first experience with taking mushies, was much the same as yours, i picked my own and took around 80, dried them out, took them with alcohol.

I felt the same as you after about an hour, couldn't talk, walk, communicate in any way at all, couldn't tell body temperature etc, didn't know where i was etc. That wore off after a couple of hours and then i felt this amazing buzzing happy feeling which was fantastic, all in all it lasted around 6 hours.

The chap i took them with, who is an old geezer and has done them a lot of times said that it was the strongest trip that he ever had (this was the first time he dried them out and took them)
    so i think perhaps if you don't take so many you should be OK.

A couple of weeks after having the strong trip, i took them again, more this time, same way, and had a really crap trip where i did want more to happen, had no buzz of them or anything, i think this was because i took them so quickly after the first batch. although i did up the dose as i thought that might happen.

Hope this helps,

Minstrel
    :)
    Minstrel; Two weeks should be enough time for the last trip not to effect the latter one. I would suggest that it was your storage, but, well I cant say for sure.
    Two weeks would be fine i think inbetween trips, i took them before on a Saturday and then again on Wednesday, then again a few weeks later, didn't work that good the third time at all.