Home› Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

For those who have been pregnant

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Im concerned about my little sister.

Had a talk to her this morning. Her periods are normally as regular as clockwork, she said shes only been two days late since february. Shes now a week late. Ive noticed shes been really depressed and emotional recently-for the last couple of weeks shes been crying over the tiniest things and been really down.

Being an emotional wreck-and having her hormones all over the place-is this a sign she may be pregnant? She has had unprotected sex :rolleyes: im going to talk her into doing a test hopefully but, very early on in pregnancy can emotional rollercoasters happen?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    don't forget that being ill or emotionally stressed can make your period late. but i would definitly get her to do a test.
    it wont hurt her to do a test. You can get them in poundland at the moment so it shouldnt break the bank either. Being emotional can be a sign of pregnancy but it can also mean shes premenstrual and about to come on. The fact that shes had unprotected sex means that a pregnancy test is even more urgent.
    Do your parents know all of this?
    Originally posted by HunnyPot
    Do your parents know all of this?
    she doesnt know herself yet Hunnypot, shes hardly going to go and tell her parents everytime she has sex.
    I know your intentions are good, but honestly, I do wonder about your comments sometimes.
    when i found out i was pregnant with Jazmyn, it was all pretty much a blur and other things were going on, so i couldnt tell you - but this last time i know that i felt pretty tired, not extremely emotional, but slightly 'hmm somethings up', and very very sick. i had morning sickness all through the day, i couldnt go longer than a minute on a bus, and it was an absolute nightmare. depending how long ago that it was that she had unprotected sex could affect a lot of things. i doubt she'd be feeling ill if she was litterally only a week or two pregnant. yet if she had sex a couple of months ago, then she'd quite possibly be beginning to feel a change. get her to do a test - but as lipsy said, its quite possible that the fact she is stressed out could be affecting her period.
    i was v.emotional very early on in pregnancy was mad, cry over stupid things and feel sick constantly also i was really down and quiet. I do get like this sometimes though before my period. Hope tis all ok. xx :) xx
    Originally posted by rainbow brite
    she doesnt know herself yet Hunnypot, shes hardly going to go and tell her parents everytime she has sex.
    I know your intentions are good, but honestly, I do wonder about your comments sometimes.

No, I was talking about the unprotected sex. And lil_minx's sister might have told them herself.
    Have a read of this feature which will help you take the right steps to finding out if she's pregnant. And if she is, read this - about what to do next.
    :)
    Morning sickness won't be kicking in yet if she only recently had unprotected sex...
    I wasnt emotional that early on, i mean if she has missed her period by about a week, if she was preggie she would be about 4/5wks preggie. It is possible, i would get her to do one just incase.
    Pregancy does different things to different people, for some people the only reason they know they are pregnant is for the fact they are not having periods, everything else is the same and they do not. some people have mood swings, get emotional, go to the toilet a lot etc etc

Id say get a test to be on the safe side.
    Originally posted by rachie004
    not everyone gets morning sickness though do they?

Some dont have morning sickness, everyone is different. I think thats why some people tend to really worry when they get a symptom they suddenly think they are pregnant, then before they know it their mind is saying *your weeing a lot*, but its just their mind working overtime.
    So if someone thinks they may be pregnant then they are better off getting a test straight away rather than worrying themselves sick for days/weeks.

Excuse me for mixing posts up a bit tonight, im wandering lol. Not been well myself for nearly a week. im going from morning sickness to weeing wtf :lol:
    so what if a test said you were pregnant then said you weren't?

eeerrrr pass :confused:

Ive never heard of that one, have heard off test coming back negative then a week later came back positive (that happened with me).

If it said you were pregnant then you are, it can only detect pregnancy hormones (which is what the test does) if you are actually preggie. The only way you wouldnt be preggie after is if you miscarried i think. Not 10% tho.
    They could have mixed the test results up ?

also if you had a test and it said positive you wouldnt do another test anyway.........would you :confused:

It detects hormones so sometimes it can miss a pregnancy, but it won't indicate one if it's not there.
    I'm sure it has happened, which is why it should always be confirmed by a doctor, but basically, if it says yes you're preganant then it's pretty much a given.
    Originally posted by Smash
    It detects hormones so sometimes it can miss a pregnancy, but it won't indicate one if it's not there.
    I'm sure it has happened, which is why it should always be confirmed by a doctor, but basically, if it says yes you're preganant then it's pretty much a given.

So long as the tests are done properly the doctors rarely bother doing one themselves as they say the are just as reliable.
    When i asked the doctor to confirm mine he used exactly the same stuff thats inside the one i did anyway.

From experience the Clear blue one told me i wasnt preggie ^& the First responce one said i was. Its because the first responce one can be used earlier.
    Originally posted by byny
    Morning sickness won't be kicking in yet if she only recently had unprotected sex...

:mad: Morning sickness can kick in from conception! :mad: :mad: :mad: sorry it winds me up when people dont think it does. :)
    Originally posted by Tweety
    Its because the first responce one can be used earlier.

what do you mean? it can tell you if you are even if your not due yet, but you have had unprtected sex?
    Originally posted by Zella
    what do you mean? it can tell you if you are even if your not due yet, but you have had unprtected sex?

It can detect pregnancy hormones upto about 3 days before you are due on. Pregnancy hormones miht not be strong enough for everyone tho.
    Dam
    Just a little update, my sister isnt pregnant, i took her down to the family planning clinic last week and waited with her for two hours until she could be seen!! :shocking: the things i do for her ;)

And no, my parents dont know that shes had unprotected sex. My sister wouldnt tell them and i think theres no use upsetting my parents. My sister comes to me with dodgy situations so i can try and help her before she has to go to my parents.

thanks for your replies