Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Stephen Fry

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
I had no idea that Stephen Fry had written a few novels. I'm currently reading 'The Hippopotamus', it's about this piss-artist journalist, something like that. Has anybody read any of his books? What do they think?

He also, of course presents QI. Anybody seen it?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    QI is really good, I like it, Linda Smith was really funny on it. Worth a watch if you ask me.
  • Options
    Originally posted by BritJames
    Stephen Fry is probably one of the most talented people I've seen. He is very well educated and informed, and has combat alot of fears and phobias to be who he is today. ahh, he's a gem :)
    Agreed. Has anyone seen Peter's Friends? Great film! (Fab soundtrack, too, incidentally).
  • Options
    Originally posted by piccolo
    Agreed. Has anyone seen Peter's Friends? Great film! (Fab soundtrack, too, incidentally).

I haven't seen that one. Is it possible to get it on DVD/video at all?

Bright Young Things (which Fry directed) was on at the cinema recently. Based on Evelyn Waugh's novel 'Vile Bodies'. It may be more interesting to watch for older people, but worth a go.
  • Options
    I've read Vile Bodies, my wife loved it, but I couldnt really get into it myself.
  • Options
  • Options
    Originally posted by will haycock
    I haven't seen that one. Is it possible to get it on DVD/video at all?
    Yeah, I've seen it around, but not hugely easy to get hold of. Try looking for it online.
  • Options
    Originally posted by piccolo
    Yeah, I've seen it around, but not hugely easy to get hold of. Try looking for it online.

Ok, I will do.