Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Feeling sad

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I read this again after I'd finished it and realised it was a bit long so...

Concise Version
I'm feeling down recently and I don't know why, and it really sucks, and it's just :( The only times I'm not really down is when some of my best friends are cheering me up but they can't always be there. It's not the problems that's causing this upset I don't think because my life's pretty OK (for a teenagers anyway :p) so it must be me worrying/upset about things that don't matter that much :confused:

Long Version
I dunno why but at the moment I just feel really down. I mean... I'm not sure why :confused: One of my mates has pissed me off today because he has gone on talking about how all the girls in the school are talking about me in a nasty fashion, which I'm not sure is true he's always trying to get one over me because he's insecure and doesn't have much luck with girls (not that I do, just, he saw me with my ex girlfriend so therefore looks up to me :confused:) and it gets on my nerves that one of my 'friends' says these things to get to me.

Also me and Franki recently broke up. I wanted it, and I think she did as well, so I don't know if that has anything to do with it. I have been thinking about her more since though.

Err also school is a bit crap with all my coursework being deleted and me having to start back at stage one. Even though all the deadlines are around now (thats 2 months of coursework to catch up on!!). Some of my friends have been cheering me up though - especially miss_hermione_g she's been fab... but she can't always be there.

I'm not sure why I even feel like this. The doctor said I worry and stress too much and maybe this is just an extension of this worry - it's gotten so bad that it's upsetting me now. Still don't know how to stop stressing though.. it's not the problems it's me stressing about them. I mean, who worries about every single part of their life apart from me?

Thanks for all your repies in advance,
Rich x

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Aww darling, I would say don't worry but it doesn't sound appropriate! I worry about EVERYTHING, I get so stressed out about nothing and it really does mess you up. And as much as people can just tell you to relax and chill out, I know it's not that easy. I really do find that relaxation techniques, like ones that you learn in simple yoga classes, can really help. Or just do simple things like standing and breathing deeply, with your eyes closed, and refuse to let your mind wander. Just keep calm, think of how your body's feeling, and relax. It takes a while to get used to, but it's really good when you get the hang of it. As for the feeling sad, big hugs x It's no fun breaking up with someone, that must have messed you up a bit. Just be strong and remember that it will get better, it just might take a while. I've been really weepy for the last two weeks, just a combination of things getting on top of me, and it's no fun I know. But make sure that if your friends offer you support you accept it. I tried to pretend that I was ok and didn't need loads of help, and ended up breaking down at uni when I was speaking to my personal tutor. It's no good trying to pretend you're ok when you're not, tell people how you feel, and don't feel bad about taking up their time or whatever, just make sure you let them know you appreciate it, and do the same for them when they're in need of help. Hope that helped in some way, it's a bit jumbled I know. Take care hun, Tates x
    What u say sounds uber familier tbh. You might find that you think your down but dont know why, but instead you do know but dont feel like telling anyone because you auto-assume they dont understand. Or your scared of looking like a dink, or you dont feel like you can be helped, or your to fed up to make an effort... or loads of reasons like that. All them things you said are wrong... could all be fine except the one about the girls, and it could be just this puttin a dim light on everythin else. Consider masturbation. Seriously tho, ull prolly find ull be like this for a few weeks, then youll be fine, then youll feel shitty etc.
    Originally posted by Chav
    Consider masturbation.

I've already got that one covered. :p It's not like im lusting for anyone at all... just feel alone. :(
    Am u alone tho? If u am... then dont be, might sound hard goin an talkin to ppl but god it just aint tbh
    Originally posted by Chav
    Am u alone tho? If u am... then dont be, might sound hard goin an talkin to ppl but god it just aint tbh

Heh I'm a bit of a loner as well. Why do you think I spend so much time on the internet? :p
    Re: Feeling sad

In the absence of being able to add anything to what others have written - *hugs*
    Re: Re: Feeling sad
    Originally posted by leeseylicious
    In the absence of being able to add anything to what others have written - *hugs*

:) thanks, it means a lot hun :) *hugs back*
    Rich have you considered taking up a hobby, like karate or something? You'd meet so many friends there, get out a bit, and even shape yourself up and be more self confident. I think it would do you loads of good :)
    Originally posted by Skye J
    Rich have you considered taking up a hobby, like karate or something? You'd meet so many friends there, get out a bit, and even shape yourself up and be more self confident. I think it would do you loads of good :)

OMG hi babe :)

Yer Karate this wednesday at 7:00pm incase anyone wonders where I am. Going with my french mate heh he's like a black belt :eek2:

*hugs* :D
    mate, i know what you mean about getting sad n stuff that happens to me alot, you just think about life and whats the point, why are we here :confused: n tbh i feel like dying sometimes but all you can do is think about the good things and the people that care about you and make them happy and most of all that will make you happy, o and eat toast if ur down it works, it makes u happy as i heard it contains carbohydrates which contain chemicals to boost your hormones or something, cheers
    NICK :crazyeyes :D
    Re: Feeling sad
    Originally posted by TheShyBoyInTheCorner
    Also me and Franki recently broke up. I wanted it, and I think she did as well, so I don't know if that has anything to do with it. I have been thinking about her more since though.

Rich, hun, even though we broke up you know I'm still here to talk to right? I still worry a LOT about you! I don't like seeing you upset. It upsets me. And I want you to tell me if you're not happy!

Oh - and you definitely worry too much hun. And if your mates are bugging you - tell them, can't do any harm! Unless your friends are Karleigh and Greg that is . . .
    Re: Re: Feeling sad
    Originally posted by *x*l'il miss socks*x*
    Rich, hun, even though we broke up you know I'm still here to talk to right? I still worry a LOT about you! I don't like seeing you upset. It upsets me. And I want you to tell me if you're not happy!

Oh - and you definitely worry too much hun. And if your mates are bugging you - tell them, can't do any harm! Unless your friends are Karleigh and Greg that is . . .

Thanks Franki you're a great person you know that? :)
    Re: Re: Re: Feeling sad
    Thanks Franki you're a great person you know that? :)

I ain't that great . . . trust me. I can be the biggest fucking bitch in the world, but I worry about you 'sall.
    Re: Re: Re: Re: Feeling sad
    I ain't that great . . . trust me. I can be the biggest fucking bitch in the world, but I worry about you 'sall.

That whats makes you great to me :) - a lot of people couldn't even do that. *hugs*
    Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Feeling sad
    That whats makes you great to me :) - a lot of people couldn't even do that. *hugs*

:) Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeh well *hugs ya back*
    Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Feeling sad
    :) Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeh well *hugs ya back*

sweet :)