Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Scars

I was just thinking ahead for a change, and i was wondering if there was anything i could do to help fade my scars quicker.
cos in the summer im going to want to wear strappy tops and what not, but with the current state of my arm, thats not going to happen with out causing alarm.
so do you guys know of anything i can do/buy to help reduce them?

thanks for any help i get.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    umm the only thing that springs to mind as saying iyt reduces scaring is cocca butter.
    it depends how deep the scars are tbh
    They do fade eventually with sun exposure. There's a feature on TheSite here.

I haven't tried any of them, but if you use a cream or something for about 6 months it should do something.
    I would suggestion Maderma(sp?) if they have that in the UK because I have scars and such and that's what I have been using, from time to time and it has helped to fade some of the scars on my arms. Just a suggestion.
    Theres some stuff you can buy from Lloyds Pharmacy called Bio-Oil, I think it is quite expensive (mum bought me mine so I dunno the price) but it does really help to fade them out. I have a nasty scar running up the back of my arm which the bio-oil really helped to fade. It's still there, but I don't feel as self concious about it as I did.
    I was reading an article about a scar reducing gel that has been introduced (Around £40) really can't rememeber the name of it, but you can get it at boots....It's silicon based, don't know how effective it is...

I Have some pretty hefty scars but I don't really care about them....they're just scars...and they make me look like I'm hard....