Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Diana predicted her death?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Story here

So what do you guys think?

Is Paul Burrell just seeking publicity for his new book, or is this letter true? Why wait six years before saying anything about it? Why not mention it during his "exclusive" with the Mirror a few months ago?

In case you hadn't guessed, I'm a little cynical about this...

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Why reveal everything under one exclusive, when you can squeeze more money if you spread them out eh?

I remain highly skeptical. Even if the letter is authentic, I'm more inclined to believe that she suffered from delusional paranoia than that the secret services really killed her.

To guarantee the death of someone by a car crash is virtually impossible. Even if the secret services had managed to fiddle in the car so they could radio-control it like a toy, and even if they crashed it at full speed against a wall there is still no assurance you will kill the subject. The bodyguard survived and he was at the front. And had she worn a seatbelt chances are she'd have survived as well.

There much more efficient ways of killing someone and make it look like an accident.
    Originally posted by Aladdin

There much more efficient ways of killing someone and make it look like an accident.
    i am considering all options at the moment so open to any ideas.

it will be music to the ears of the conspiracy theorists. 'she had to die becuase there was no way she could marry a muslim ...the heir to the throne of england with a muslim as step dad'! come on you can't even be a catholic if you want to get in with THAT ...family.

i think the paranoid screwed up princess is about right ...and then a deadly coincidence.
    She probably thought that.

But as the dear Princess had problems with anorexia and bulimia, thought James Hewitt was good-looking, and was so mononically stupid that, even with one-to-one tutoring, she failed her O'Levels not once, but THREE TIMES, Im skeptical about the actual facts behind it.

Though I do think it was a collaboration between MI6, Interpol and Interflora.
    The thing that bothers me, though, is all this gobshite about demanding "inquests" into her death.

Diana died in France, therefore its up to the French authorities. The French authorities held an enquiry, and it turned out that the chauffeur was pissed, and that Di and Dodi would still be alive if theyd have been wearing seatbelts.

It was a road traffic accident, just deal with it.

As for Burrell, this man is a man with such an undying love for the blonde trollope that hes willing to sell these letters to teh highest bidder. What a deeply, deeply honourable man. Its a shame his trial collapsed, people who cash in on the dead deserve to rot in prison.
    I have always thought it was an 'in house job' because she had 'turned Turk' as it was once called in the ol pirate kingdom.

If that is a 'racist' term today do forgive my ignorance...few here in the US would recognize it today and I have no idea concerning its current standing over there.

:eek:
    Originally posted by Kermit
    The thing that bothers me, though, is all this gobshite about demanding "inquests" into her death.

Diana died in France, therefore its up to the French authorities. The French authorities held an enquiry, and it turned out that the chauffeur was pissed, and that Di and Dodi would still be alive if theyd have been wearing seatbelts.

Except to say that an inquest should be held for any British national (and currently a resident of these shores) who dies whilst abroad. Even if only to open and close.

This hasn't happened in her case. I don't think that it would have shown anything, but it gives ammunition to the conspiracy theorists...

The other aspect is her children. Burrell claims to be devoted to her and her memory and yet seems to want to offend her family at every opportunity. I don't know much about the woman (really) but there aren't many parents who want to see their children unsettled in such a way.
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    i think the paranoid screwed up princess is about right ...and then a deadly coincidence.

I agree. How would she had found out that someone wanted to "cut her brakes" anyway? She went through a paranoid stage after the breakup anyway. And why leave the info with her butler, for goodness sake? Surely her lawyer would have been a far better recipient ... ?

Paul Burrell is just a evil, greedy little man with ideas of grandeur who is taking advantage of any trust that she may have placed with him.
    Originally posted by Man Of Kent
    Except to say that an inquest should be held for any British national (and currently a resident of these shores) who dies whilst abroad. Even if only to open and close.

Ah, now I didnt know that. There should be an inquest if its common practice, I suppose. At least it might shut Piers "Moron" Morgan up.

I doubt it was an "in-house job" Diesel, because it was just too, too flukey. The only one wearing a seatbelt survived, and he was closest to the impact zone.

Having her drowned on holiday, for instance, would have been less problematic all round. No body, for starters.
    Her driver was drunk and had taken pills, was driving at about 100mph+ and she wasnt wearing a seat belt. Even if they were planning her death it sounds to me like they didnt have too.

I really liked the Evening Standard headline outside the newsagents, it said "They planned my death", I couldnt get the thought of Paul Burrell communing with Dianna out of my head.
  • JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    If I see Burrell's pathetic, put-on puppy dog eyes in one more picture I think I will be sick. Even if his feelings for Diana were genuine at one stage, he sold the right to be taken seriously when she died. Pure opportunist.
    Can we watch?

:p
    :blush:
    :lol:

You made my day! :)
    You think she made your day!!! ;)
    Originally posted by girl with sharp teeth
    oh hell, just for you aladdin -

Picture405.jpg

erm. erm.

*runs away scared*

*doesnt look back*
    Oh, and apparently this whole charade has nothing to do with revenge...

Even though Burrell says that one phone-call from the Royals after his trial would have been enough. He suggested yesterday that he wasn't being given due respect - seems to have forgotten that he was "just" a butler. That said, there aren't many people who get a three hour personal meeting with the Queen either...

Hate the man.
    ~~~~~

On a separate issue, go on girls...