Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Damned Verrucca . . .

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
It's oh-so-painful at the mo. I peeled the bazuka stuff offa it today and half my foot came of with it but not the friggin' verrucca :mad: it looks like it's coming but it's soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo painful I can hardly walk on it. Ick. Dunno what the point of this is to be honest just me doing what I do best. Complaining about something or other.

Comments

• Options
    I had one for yrs that was tiny..then i thought hmm get rid of it...tries all the chemist remedies, alternative remedies and went to the doc.

Who said keep tryin-it got bigger and bigger and yeh, half my foot seemed to die but not the damned verruca. I got really peed off so told the doc i wanted it removin.

Which was done by freezing it-they said it was really painful but to be honest, not that bad really-bit sore for an hour or so but then that was it-it was gone woo hoo!

So I'd do that if I were you if all the other methods are just makin it more resistant and bigger and most of all-making your feet unsightly!
  • Options
    Originally posted by Jowolvo
    I had one for yrs that was tiny..then i thought hmm get rid of it...tries all the chemist remedies, alternative remedies and went to the doc.

Who said keep tryin-it got bigger and bigger and yeh, half my foot seemed to die but not the damned verruca. I got really peed off so told the doc i wanted it removin.

Which was done by freezing it-they said it was really painful but to be honest, not that bad really-bit sore for an hour or so but then that was it-it was gone woo hoo!

So I'd do that if I were you if all the other methods are just makin it more resistant and bigger and most of all-making your feet unsightly!

My feet are unsightly anyway! My mum had hers cut out and apparently it hurt like hell! I might have to try that feezing thing if it doesn't go away soon 'cause my foot is rapidly disappearing and it hurts. A lot.
  • Options
    My doctor told me to pull mine out with tweezers!! I tried a few times and it was like a horror movie with the amount of blood and he sed thats ok just pull it out...so if cutting it out is anything like that....noooooooooooo!! Get it frozen out!
  • Options
    My doctor told me to pull mine out with tweezers!! I tried a few times and it was like a horror movie with the amount of blood and he sed thats ok just pull it out...so if cutting it out is anything like that....noooooooooooo!! Get it frozen out!

I have been trying to pull it out with my fingers lol but it hoooooooooooooooooooits like hell :( If it isn't gone in a month or something my mum said she will take me to have it frozen out!
  • Options
    I caught about 5 on one foot from swimming in primary school and they are only just about going! I've had them frozen and that didn't work, i've had acid and that didn't work, so now im using bazuka extra strength and there going at last :) . I spent about 200 quid at the cheropodist gettin them frozen and having acid on them every week. The freezing dosen't hurt, but it kinda depends on your pain threshold and the acid you can't feel at all!! But you shouldn't really touch them with your hands as they can spread VERY easily to like every part of your body.
  • Options
    thats true-i did worry bout gettin them under me nails after all the picking at them I did...luckily I didn't. I read in a uni book that they get resistant the more treatments you use on them-but thats awful for you hun-sue the council its their fault lol!
  • Options
    thats true-i did worry bout gettin them under me nails after all the picking at them I did...luckily I didn't. I read in a uni book that they get resistant the more treatments you use on them-but thats awful for you hun-sue the council its their fault lol!

They do get more resistant, there minging things and there fuking hard to get rid off! But you spend like 25 quid a session on gettin them frozen when the bazuka stuff which is like a fiver works just as well :rolleyes: .
  • Options
    Okay, I know how frustrating it can be but I read somewhere that the majority of verrucas just disappear by themselves in a matter of weeks if left alone - its true, for years I had new ones sprouting and disappearing and now i have none
  • Options
    ....oh and keep your socks on
  • Options
    Originally posted by leeseylicious
    Okay, I know how frustrating it can be but I read somewhere that the majority of verrucas just disappear by themselves in a matter of weeks if left alone - its true, for years I had new ones sprouting and disappearing and now i have none

Well I had mine for months before I even knew what it was, and it's been there for ages even after. And about the socks thing - surely my family would have already got it from when I was walking around not knowing what it was???
  • Options
    Originally posted by *x*l'il miss socks*x*
    And about the socks thing - surely my family would have already got it from when I was walking around not knowing what it was???

Yeh, they might have done. But i've had mine for about 6 yrs and none of my family have caught them from me or anything. But you get told to use your own towel to stop them spreadin to other people. But sometimes people who've had them become immune to them, so thats maybe why your family aren't gettin them because they might have already had them before.