Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Blood Pressure

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Randomish thread. When you last had your blood pressure taken, what was it? I'm told it's supposed to be your age plus 100 over about 80. Mine however was 106 over 64, but that could possibly be because I'm quite fit. What would you reckon is normalish? And what's yours?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    i'm usually told my blood pressure is a bit low, but not drastically.

apparently is because i never used to eat properly.

i also get that thing to do with your blood pressure where, if you stand up too fast, you pass out.

fun stuff.
    This feature may help.
    Originally posted by spanner
    This feature may help.

Ooo, thanks :) I couldn't really find anything on google :(
    My BP was last measured at 80/60 but that was due to the hot weather during the summer. Can't remember what it usually is. Sometimes you have to take multiple readings, because a lot of people get 'white coat hypertension' which makes their BP higher than normal because they're nervous of being in that sort of setting. :)
    Mines usually like 100/80 something, but the last time I had my blood pressure taken it was on the borderline of having high blood pressure, but that only happens once and a while, especially if I'm really nervous or if I'm a bit sick and such and it usually seems to be a bit high if I'm sick.
    Originally posted by kaffrin
    i'm usually told my blood pressure is a bit low, but not drastically.

apparently is because i never used to eat properly.

i also get that thing to do with your blood pressure where, if you stand up too fast, you pass out.

fun stuff.

You have what iv got, "Vasovagal Syncope Syndrome"....I have to take pills to keep my blood pressure up!!