Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Eyebrow...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i had my left brow pierced not so long ago and it grew out... now that was the second time i have had that perticular brow done.

my question is, the reason it grew out so fast, is that anything to do with the fact that it had been done before?
will it happen again if i get it pierced again?
do you think it makes any difference to the way a bloke looks if he get the right brow pierced rather than the left?..i just seem to prefer the left one myself..

Comments

• Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    Have a look at the Cold Steel site, there is a message board where you can ask them stuff like that....
  • Options
    eyebrow piercings are really prone to growing out. because they are pierced through a pinch of skin, as opposed to something like an earlobe piecing, which is perpendicular to the skin, there's always pressure on them, and they tend to grow out quickly.

unavoidable, i'm afraid.
  • Options
    Grow out? :confused: How you mean? Like when you take it out it closes up, or just shrinks around the stud? :confused:
  • Options
    the stud just moves closer to the top of the skin untill it just "grows out" and wham.. in a short jerk like taking off your jumper of something you rip the thing out..... ouchie :D
  • Options
    it's called surfacing or summut:confused:
  • Options
    Originally posted by vorni
    it's called surfacing or summut:confused:

*shrugs* no idea......

now im single i can get my tongue done too with out getting told off :D

so girls...... left or right brow for a bloke?..... i want my left but i think its a little touch and go cause its been done 2 times there now...
  • Options
    i want my tongue pierced next birthday. how old do you have to be?
  • Options
    Originally posted by paperBprincess

although some places will do it at 16 with a parent there.
  • Options
    Originally posted by paperBprincess
    i will go with you, get it done at the same time :D
    i know my way to greenwich with my eyes closed now lol

besides i dont see trace holding my hand now :p
  • Options
    Originally posted by dominatrix
    Grow out? :confused: How you mean? Like when you take it out it closes up, or just shrinks around the stud? :confused:
    It grows out, or migrates, through the skin. The brow bone puts pressure on it, so it slowly moves (aka migrates) through the skin. Think of a cheesewire going through cheese! :eek:
    About 25% of all eyebrown piercings migrate to the point where they would literally fall out if not taken out.
    I have migration problems with my nipples, which is why I've had them both redone, and I'm now looking at the prospect of having to have my left nip redone again. :(
    Sometimes having it redone behind the first piercing is better, as the scar tissue from the first piercing can prevent, or slow down, the migration from happening again.

Mr_Wobble ;)
  • Options
    Mine did that too, started after I got headbutted on it. According to tribalectic.com it`s less likely to happen with a ring or a curved barbell but I dunno.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Miffy
    Mine did that too, started after I got headbutted on it. According to tribalectic.com it`s less likely to happen with a ring or a curved barbell but I dunno.
    i refuse to wear a ring but a curved bar in my eyebrow? :confused: would that work? or am i being dense?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Samael
    i refuse to wear a ring but a curved bar in my eyebrow? :confused: would that work? or am i being dense?

I have seen photos of them on the net. Can`t remember if they looked ok or not; go and talk to your piercer I reckon.
  • Options
    My boyfriend has a curved bar in his eyebrow, basically it looks the same with a ball on top and a ball on the bottom thats all u can really see, but the bar is curved slightly a bit like a banana if that makes sense?
    It stops it growing out as quickly.